39 Weeks... and one day

The day after Thanksgiving, November 25, will go down in history as one of my very favorite days on this earth. After fighting a night of sleep, tossing and turning every few minutes, BJ and I sprang out of bed about 6am. We both took a great shower. I dried and actually got to do my hair, put on some makeup and then before we knew it we were out the door at 7:15am headed to the hospital!
Of course we would, but we got in a little tiff about the hat that BJ was wearing... he has a John Deere hat that I absolutely despise and I just really didn't want it in pictures, so I asked him to change it. He did, but of course we had a little argument instead of a seamless morning.... but everyone has those moments, right?!

Anyways, we pull into the hospital (front row parking - woot!) and head straight to Labor & Delivery where we basically felt like we were signing our life away, but nevertheless, got everything checked out and set up to be admitted for surgery. The biggest difference about checking into the hospital this time, as opposed to last time, is that I was in NO pain and so of course had so much anxiety about the coming treatment, because at this point it wasn't necessarily the lesser of two evils to have the pain of an epidural, etc.... but the nursing and anesthesiology staff was absolutely amazing - didn't think I was nuts but tried to make my convulsing body (quite literally) as comfortable as possible. Everyone was just thrilled that we didn't know the gender of our baby... in fact, my pre-op nurse finished her shift before my surgery, but decided to stay because she couldn't stand not knowing what we had!

So we are about an hour in, IV and antibiotics set up and about ready for the epidural when we learn that another patient had to have an emergency delivery so I would be pushed back a little bit... no big deal, other than the fact that the longer I wait for needles, the more nervous I get. I shared that, so they did their best to at least keep my epidural schedule close to its original time so I didn't go nuts.... in comes the anesthesiologist and in went the epidural. Again, just NOT as bad as you work yourself up for but of course not something you hope to get every day. My blood pressure, however, did drop to 60/30 and the doctors and nurses started freaking out.... like, "put oxygen on her, give her some kind of something in her IV drip asap, put her head above her feet" kind of freak out.... which made me freak out. About 20 minutes later, all was just fine and we were rolling back to meet our newest little bundle.
 In the waiting room, we had our families, Mindy and Jenna waiting to hear the news... Eleanor showed up in a birthday dress to celebrate BR #2's birthday and was apparently quite the hit in the waiting room. Of course.
My memories of my C-Section with Eleanor are just completely different because I had been in labor, but this time it was extremely calming and almost easy once we got past the needles I could feel. My amazing OBGYN was not scheduled to work, but CHOSE to come in and perform my surgery for me on his day off.... it was SUCH a blessing to know that he really cares for BJ and I, so I felt completely safe and ready once I saw him. My arms didn't shake as crazy as last time, we all kind of talked a bit through the surgery and they were making sure I was comfortable and if I was ultimately ready for what was about to happen... then before we knew it, they told BJ to get the camera out and get ready to meet BR #2. Again, I will never forget that moment for as long as I live.... Eleanor and BR #2's births are forever etched in my heart and head as the best cries I will ever hear.... and the best words I could ever hear from their daddy.... It's a...... (**word of warning, this video shows tummy and surgery so you may want to just listen if you have a light stomach!)

Meet William Joseph Rector III, aka "Tripp".  7lbs, 14oz - 20.75 in - 11:19am
We LOVE our baby BOY and can honestly say we were SHOCKED, elated and are ever-so-humbled that the Lord has entrusted to us another one of his precious creations. Tripp, you are the PERFECT addition to our family - we love you, we love you, we love you!!!

Still to come.... Eleanor and our families finding out that she had a little brother....!!!

Comments

the blogivers said…
Love this :) Congratulations on another beautiful baby!!!
Sky said…
How precious! Congratulations on your beautiful boy!
i love this! congratulations! what a sweet little boy! :) happy for you!
Annie Houston said…
I have been WAITING for this post!! Yay! Congrats again, he is just perfect!
Kim said…
So so so excited for y'all!! Our families will look very similar... we found out this week we are having a BOY! You'll have to fill me in on everything boy and give me all your tips for surviving life with TWO! So excited for you Karen and I love his name too!!
Susan Hudson said…
Just cried when BJ yelled "It's a boy!"

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020