38 Weeks

Its the Final Countdown (did that song just come into your head?? I hope so.... shoutout GOB!).... we are 7 days away from meeting BR #2. We have officially made it to the days where Momma says, this is our last Friday as a family of three... such a sentimental sap, I am. I just can't believe it - truly cannot believe that we will have another precious baby to call our own here in a week (literally, like to the minute of when I am writing this!). BR #2, you are just so ready to make your entrance.... constantly moving and stretching inside, I really think you are starting to get uncomfortable. If not you, I sure am. You just do not stay still (which Eleanor didn't either, so I am not surprised). I haven't had any "I think I am going into labor" kind of pains or contractions this week, which is great, but I definitely had one evening where for about 30 minutes I was having contractions in my back again. That is where I went into labor with Eleanor and I had completely forgotten how painful that is - yikes!

My dreams have been INSANE this week. The weirdest one being that I delivered a baby girl (never dreamed a gender before!) but I think it falls flat when you put in the rest of the details.... she was about 3 years old, asian, and had a full set of teeth. Very vivid, but truly a bit unrealistic so I am not sold :).

I have had GREAT energy this week... I feel like I have been dragging for the past few weeks, so blame it on the combination of daddy letting me sleep in every morning this week, Mindy sending me to get pampered with a mani and pedi, or just quality time with sweet friends... I am feeling good! Don't get me wrong, I could definitely use a nap most afternoons and it is not uncommon that I try to close my eyes for like 20 minutes or so late in the day.

This week, we pray JOY over you.... specifically for a heart and countenance of laughter and spunk! Seems trivial to some, but this week daddy and I just talked about how we hope and pray our family just has FUN together... that we can be silly, we can laugh, we can play HARD together... that we truly enjoy each others company all of our days.  We pray that you enjoy being in our family, that you LOVE your big sister Eleanor and that you both cherish the friendship that is readily available to you. She asks about you everyday... but not sure she fully gets what is going on (actually, almost positive she doesn't get it!). But, we know that she will LOVE you! We pray that you can find JOY in simplicity of life - what a true gift it is to be given every day you will have here on earth.... may they be celebrated by the way that you fill them. BR #2, we have so much JOY for you... the very thought of you gives us butterflies (or contractions?!). To know that you will be here in just one short week is nothing shy of a GIFT!

Psalms 126:3
"The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy"

Psalms 92:4
"For you, O LORD, have made me glad by your work; at the works of your hands I sing for joy."

1 Peter 1:8-9
"Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls."

Comments

Elizabeth said…
You look great and I'm glad you have so much energy this week.. You've been on my heart a lot the past few days. I will be praying for you this last week... So excited to meet your new little one!

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020