37 Weeks

Two Weeks. Two little bitty, dragging along, weeks until we get to meet you. BR #2, holy moly I can't wait. Last night, I was having contractions so hard that I almost made your daddy take me to the hospital.... but of course, about after an hour they completely subsided.... phew and darn all at the same time! I just can't wait to see your sweet face!!!

I have had the nastiest little cold this week, and it just stinks not being able to take anything... aside from it I am feeling great, so I really hope it curbs soon. We were at the doctor the other day and heard your precious heartbeat (right at 150bpm) when I realized that for the past few days I have not been able to taste or smell anything. I know that sounds weird that I just realized it, but apparently there was something awful coming through the air conditioner and daddy couldn't handle the smell.... me, nothing. The night before I had lasagna for dinner and thought it was absolutely bland.... should have figured. When we got home, I even put my nose right up to one of Eleanor's dirty diapers (TMI?) only to smell absolutely NOTHING. Since then, I have been quite claustrophobic in my own body because I am very aware that I smell and taste nothing. Even orange juice tastes like water.... BORING! I did some research and it could be due to the mixture of my cold and natural swelling that happens when you are pregnant..... from the looks of it, it seems this could continue until shortly after BR #2 is born. Really? This is going to make an amazing Thanksgiving (read: ya right!).

This week, we want to pray over you the very thing we are praying for ourselves... that you would keep yourself positioned correctly before Christ all of your days. Kind of vague, but basically, right now we are walking through a season where more than ever we have to TRUST that God is truly what He says He is.... in every aspect. Especially as Jehovah Jireh.... He ALONE is our provider. Not Daddy, not Daddy's job, but Him. And He provides not only for our every need physically (i. e. shelter, food, income, health, etc), but also emotionally and spiritually. Sweet one, Daddy and I will do our best in this life to protect and provide for you... but ultimately, you do not belong to us and we are completely relying on Him to act as the true provider... we are merely the hands on earth that get the sweet opportunity to shepherd you. This prayer is something Momma is literally struggling with today.... and I pray that not only I, but we as a family, can struggle well as we continue to watch the Lord prove Himself true.... Jehovah Jireh. Come what may, His grace and provision are sufficient.

14 more days.... be still, my heart!

Luke 12:27-19
"Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass, which is alive in the field today, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! And do not seek what you are to eat and what you are to drink, nor be worried."

Luke 11:9-12
"And I tell you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. What father among you, if his son asks for a fish, will instead of a fish give him a serpent; or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"

James 1: 17-18
"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. Of his own will he brought us forth by the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020