38 Weeks...

So, I am a little behind, but this picture was taken during my 38th week! This picture makes me look pathetic, but unfortunately, I just have felt really uncomfortable this week, and well, this documents my attitude pretty accurately!

However, what a great week it was... most notably, we celebrated Mike and Dot's 40th Anniversary! It was such a great day filled with family and friends... all of us kids created a scrapbook that spelled out 40 reasons why we love our parents, why they are better together than apart, and why we are so thankful for their marriage... we followed this with a small surprise party at their house.... every Sunday we spend the day at their home, so this week, we just invited 60 of their closest friends to surprise them! It was so fun!

We REALLY thought we would meet Baby Rector during this week... my contractions were constant (meaning I would have them everyday) and we were just sure that meant baby was coming... well, we were wrong! Not only BJ and I, but about half of the players in the Baby Rector "birthday pool" are out!

It was also my last week at work... I spent almost all week working with the girls in the company to pass along my current clients to them... I absolutely LOVE my job and have to admit, am a little sad that I will miss a few weddings that I have been working on! But obviously, my clients are in GREAT hands!

This week, I have revisited many of the prayers that I have been praying for Baby Rector throughout this pregnancy... but this time, for my own life:

JOY - on this home stretch, it has been really easy to complain about discomfort... I constantly need to be in faithful prayer that the Lord would sustain my JOY in the final weeks of this experience!

PEACE - I am constantly anxious... is the baby moving enough? will it come today? will delivery be "textbook"... as we have prayed for? are BJ and I capable of being parents? how are we going to pay the bills when we add someone into this house?.... the Lord is REFINING me on this issue....

PATIENCE - waiting for this little bugger... it is intense, I can't wait! On the same note, I desperately crave the Lord's timing, and not my own.

KINDNESS - to BJ, and others really close around me... I am in that, "I can snap for no reason", season... definitely motivated by my flesh and not the Spirit

FAITHFULNESS - I constantly have to revisit the promises of God... He will not leave nor forsake me, He cares for me so much more than the birds of the air or the lilies of the field - so why do I worry, HE alone is our provider, HE alone is worthy of all our trust...

Don't worry, I focus on more than these few gifts the Holy Spirit imparts to us, but they just happen to be the ones that I constantly have to revisit in this season...

Lamentations 3:22-26 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020