35 Weeks...

So, not the best of weeks... it was really busy at work, which really is not a bad thing other than my excessive fatigue, it was just more of a challenge! Only one more wedding to go... woohoo!! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE MY JOB, it is just definitely harder on me to be on my feet for so long now that I am getting closer to my due date!

The real reason why this was not the best of weeks is that I am UNCOMFORTABLE - I really cannot complain about the majority of my pregnancy, minus the first trimester sickness (oh that was rough), I have felt fabulous! But this week something changed... I can't catch a full breath, I can't sleep, and well, I am having contractions!! I went to the doctor on Wednesday and was explaining to him the pain I was experiencing trying to figure out if this was all normal... and well, while we was doing my exam listening to the baby's heartbeat, I started contracting... so he verified that is why I am probably uncomfortable :)! What this means: NOTHING. It simply is just where I am in my pregnancy, apparently... he said that it is just "false labor" and doesn't mean anything except for that a baby is getting ready to come... anytime in the next 4 weeks... so just be prepared. Great, big window, eh??!!
*Sucking in... bahahaha!!!
*Reality!

When I digest the fact that we are in the final countdown, I am so overwhelmed... with JOY, with some fear (we are still praying through this, JOIN US!), but mainly with an overwhelming feeling of excitement.... we cannot cannot cannot wait to meet Baby Rector. Somedays, the little cutie can't get here fast enough... but then we realize that, well, we don't know that we are exactly "ready" either.... so we definitely trust God's timing.

But just in case: bags are packed, we are pre-registered at the hopsital, and all things that baby needs immediately upon coming home are ready to go... phew.

So today, I just want to take a moment and reflect on the favor of the Lord... He is just so good to us - it is quite overwhelming. Our journey is changing, it is REALLY scary, but He has proved Himself FAITHFUL time and again... we praise Him because He truly is Jehovah Jireh... our provider.

Comments

Caroline said…
Oh my gosh, i cannot believe you are really about to have a baby so soon!! I can't wait! I love you and miss you, friend!
Mindy Rives said…
You're a beauty! Keep that baby INSIDE until I get home....please!!! Love you!
I know you don't feel tiny but you look so small for being almost 10 months pregnant!!
Callie Nixon said…
you are beautiful, Kare! it was great seeing you saturday night. I'm thankful to get to live vicariously through your last few weeks with you!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020