39 Weeks...

Hopefully this will be my last post with a belly pic... but you know what, at this point I just will not be surprised if we find ourselves here again next week! I have to admit, this week has been one of the most enjoyable (minus our Babymoon) of the entire pregnancy.... it has been filled with SO much!

Like I said last week, I am officially on maternity leave, so without having a baby it has been crazy to see how my days fill up... I figure a play-by-play is necessary, mainly for my memories (You can stop reading after Friday):

Friday: Went to my 39th week appointment and received some unfortunate news... my cervix is currently facing backwards so my doctor could not tell me whether or not I am dilated... this also means that a C-section could be in our future if it doesn't move... BUT IT CAN MOVE and we ask you to join us in praying that it already has!

Saturday: I don't remember what I did, so apparently, it was a pretty low key and good day... oh wait, I did laundry. Exciting I know, but we are all washed up until we return from the hospital!

Sunday: We went to church, headed to my parents for a day with the families, enjoyed being told over and over how big I am getting, and went to our small group that evening...

Monday: BEST DAY EVER. BJ and I went to the Keane concert... we started at La Duni for dinner (one of our favorite restaurants) then headed to the House of Blues for one of the best concerts I have ever been to. I know I am biased, but it was great... and a perfect final date for us "empty-nesters"... our next date will require a baby-sitter (sign ups are available in the comment section below).

Tuesday: Nesting began... I woke up and had the urge to completely organize our garage... when we moved into our house a few months ago, we simply used the garage as storage... and well, yesterday I was over it. So, I probably did too much before help arrived, but my mom and SIL, Kristen, came over and we completely organized our garage... so well in fact, that I parked my tahoe in it!! GREAT NEWS! Then the not-so-fun news: our air-conditioner went out about 3pm, so I packed on up and headed to my parents: 39 Week preggos do not bode well in a house about 80 degrees...

Wednesday: Woke up bright and early to meet the air-conditioning repair man here at my house, got that fixed (yay!) and then all of the sudden I turned into a maniac.... let's get one thing straight: Karen doesn't clean. I am a clean person, and I am very organized, but I do not clean. Well today, I became a cleaner.... it started in the bathroom, moved to the guestbathroom, then to the kitchen... and why stop there? I then dusted my entire house (even vases: like, removing them from the shelf to dust both the shelf and the vase)... I then cleaned all the windows and the mirrors... I ended with vacuuming. What in the world... I have heard of nesting and that you go on a rampage before you go into labor... so ever since I have finished I have been staring at my stomach wondering why contractions have not started. Just kidding, but not really.

And there you have it.... my life as a waiting-for-baby-on-maternity-leave Mom...

I leave you all with this.... a verse I am praying over myself and the labor process (the fears and the fact that I need my cervix to move)... join us in praying:

Ephesians 3:20-21
"Now to HIM who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to HIM be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen."

Comments

You are hysterical! And you are so loved too! Can't wait to hear the exciting news...we are all dying to find out what you have!
Anonymous said…
Karen and BJ -

Just wanted y'all to know that I've been reading your updates for months now, and, more recently, checking everyday to see if the baby is here! I'll be praying Eph 3:20 - 21 over you in the next couple days ... Yaaaay!!

We hope to meet your baby very, very soon (and I'm sure you do too)!

LOVE.
Jenni Goebel
marina said…
ahh- those sweet days before the baby arrives. i remember how fun they were- seriously- so much excitement! :) you are definitely in the last weeks- i nested like crazy....it is not a made up symptom! haha.
Callie Nixon said…
can't wait to hear about the arrival of your little pooka pants. praying alongside you for everything to get in the right position, and for birth to be able to go along as you wish!!!! Love to you all!

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020