36 Weeks...

Pretty similar week this week.... a lot of pain, little sleep and an aching back... oh joy! Don't let that smile fool you... Baby Rector was kicking me REALLY hard when we were taking our photo of the week this week!

We did get to celebrate the 4th of July this past weekend - we enjoyed America's birthday by grilling out with the families, laying around in the pool and just relaxing! Sadly enough, the only fireworks we saw were driving back home from my parents that night... it seems like almost all of my 4th of July's have been that way... on the way home from the lake, or something, where I just watch fireworks from the highway! Next year, we will make sure you get to see some really great fireworks, baby! I think you will LOVE them!

Funny enough that we celebrated our FREEDOM this weekend... because that is what we pray over you this week... that you will find true FREEDOM in Christ! It breaks my heart to know that so many people are detered by Christianity because they feel it is an oppressive, condemning set of rules that are just too hard to follow. What is even worse about this, is that it is often Christians who give off this air of legalism... making Christianity unattractive to even fellow believers! As BJ and I are continuing to learn that the greatest JOY and FREEDOM comes from following our sweet Jesus, we pray that at an early age you see what an amazing gift salvation, and sanctification, really is. I pray that we can show you that your relationship with Christ doesn't have to be overwhelming... you will mess up, you will at times be complacent, you will at times go through seasons of doubt and disobedience... but His loving arms are always open, eternal life is secure, and a life lived under the banner of our Savior truly is so FREEING and JOY-FILLED. We celebrate that this week... and pray that over you this week... that FREEDOM will not only be true in your life because you were born in the USA, but because YOU are a child of God!

Psalm 118:4-5
Let those who fear the LORD say, "His steadfast love endures forever." Out of my distress I called on the LORD; the LORD answered me and set me FREE.

Isaiah 61:1
The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim LIBERTY to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound...

John 8:31-32, 36
So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, "If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you FREE"... So if the Son sets you FREE, you will be FREE indeed.

Romans 6:17-19
But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set FREE from sin, have become slaves of righteousness. I am speaking in human terms, because of your natural limitations. For just as you once presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness leading to more lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness leading to sanctification.


Comments

You are just SO precious! Can't wait to find out what your little munchkin is! You look great!
Mel said…
Sorry you are uncomfy! Not too much longer! It will seem like ancient history when you have that sweet baby in your arms :)

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020