ALOOOOHA....


That's right friends - we are packing our bags and taking a little BABYMOON next month. BJ surprised me last week and had this little ditty all worked out...

...In fact I did work out all the details, only to rework them a week later after the final go-ahead from Karen. Her rationale was appreciated and wise, albeit not well recieved at first. I called her the fun-killer. Ironic I know... "I'm a fun girl!" her famous self proclamation. (this portion written by BJ)

Not going to lie - when BJ first told me about this trip I was a little stressed (it's the planner and realist in me)... I mean, our life is crazy - and obviously finances are about to go haywire when we get into our new house and bring baby home... but as a good reminder, I have been brought back down to earth in realizing that there will ALWAYS be an excuse, we have more freedom now then we probably will ever again and God has ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS been our Faithful provider... we have the funds, so instead of holding them in a death grip, I am rejoicing that we get this opportunity!

We are heading to Maui the first week of March! Not only that, some of our dearest friends, Paige and Bret Jensen, are meeting us there!! We love traveling with them - here is a picture of us in Mexico about 2 years ago...



It is 32 degrees in Dallas today, so you bet your bottom dollar I am counting the minutes until we are back here....

If only I could enjoy this drink again....


AND.... it is Whale Watching Season!!!!! My closest friends and family know that I am NOT kidding when I say that Shamu, if not ALL whales are my absolute favorite animal (mammal, fish, whatever) on the planet.... can.not.wait.

Thank you Mom and Dad for our new camera... can't wait to take some amazing pictures!

Comments

B said…
i see you found some pics. so did i. all of them.

cant wait to see you in a bikini...! Grrrreeeat!!
Kim said…
Oh my goodness- I'm SO jealous! Y'all are super smart to take this trip now! We actually talked about going back to Maui for our 5 year anniversary, but yes, we made up excuse after excuse and didn't go! Have SO much fun!! I'll live vicariously through you!
Oh how fun!!! I am definitely jealous! We went to Maui on our honeymoon, and it was wonderful! Enjoy the relaxing time together!!!
Lori said…
OK, I am a blog stalker also, it was nice to have someone else admit it. I found you link through peanut butter and...I may never run across yours again, but you just made me smile about twenty times reading through yours. Watching the snow in Dallas and reading blogs... have fun on the beach.
ummmm....SO jealous and excited for you guys at the same time! haha. that is just awesome. :)
paigebret said…
Umm...can't wait to see you in a bikini either!!! Woo hoo, hawaii or bust! I was really proud to hear you say your rationale for saying yes...there will always be plenty of life to get in the way. Love you guys and can't wait!
Lynn said…
ya know they say, "youth is wasted on the young" but the 2 of you disprove that. i am so glad you're going, but even after babies come, you will have wonderful trips together thru the years and each one will be special. we took so many fun road trips thru our childhood, though nana & the judge may have a different take on those years! be happy, be blessed & have a beautiful time!! luv & peace ~ aunt lynn :)

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020