Special Delivery...

So Valentines Day has come and gone, and I forgot to mention that while BJ and I decided not to exchange gifts due to our upcoming vacation to Hawaii, he did do something quite darling and blog worthy.

About a week before Valentines Day I was getting my hair cut (finally!) at an early morning appointment. I have changed salons one million times, so BJ was curious where I was going this time. I let him know I was heading to Osgood O'Neil in Snider Plaza, thinking that would be the end of the discussion...

So I am about halfway through my haircut, and in walks BJ... I am stationed right by the door, so I immediately saw him but he acted like he didn't know me. He is holding this little flower and once he got to my chair he said:

"I have a Special Delivery for a Mrs. Karen Rector... I was told to read the card aloud:

Because every day could be Valentines Day with you... (now kiss her)

Ma'am, the card says that I am supposed to Kiss you now."


He then proceeds to give me a kiss, ALL THE WHILE my new hairdresser having no idea that this is my husband... As soon as he stands back up, I immediately introduced Kirsten to BJ, my husband, and I thought she was going to chop a huge piece of hair off she was freaking out so much... She repeatedly screamed "Oh My Gosh that is the sweetest thing I have ever seen... He is so thoughtful... is he always this romantic.... yada yada yada" (BJ was EATING THIS UP).

It was darling, albeit random, of him... and BJ I love you. Thank you for loving me in silly, cheesy ways... every girl deserves that kind of pursuit. As Kate Winslet says in The Holiday: "I like corny. I am looking for corny in my life..."


Unfortunately, our "love fern" has died in our dungeon-like apartment, but you get the idea... haha!

Happy Late Valentines Everyone... from me and my Valentine every day of the year...!

Comments

Darci White said…
I had to stop by and say hello....I just stumbled upon your blog and fell in love w/ the design. I have a thing for owls and think it's adorable!

Great blog - can't wait to read more!

:)
Lynn said…
OMG, he is the sweetest thing EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
and u, my dear, are worth it!!
luv & peace ~ aunt lynnie

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020