Three Years Later....

It is so hard to believe that BJ and I are celebrating our third anniversary today.... in some ways, I can't believe that it has already been three years and in others, its like... really, only three??? I think the reason for the latter can be summed up in two simple statements: Eleanor and BR #2.

In all seriousness, however, I can't believe how quickly time has passed up by... it truly only feels like yesterday that BJ was pursuing me and I was falling for him. I can still remember almost everything, like it was yesterday.... our long walks around the neighborhood, cooking breakfast and dinner together, going to Astoria with my family, him asking for my hand multiple times :) and ultimately, the best day of our lives... aside from this day, of course.

Here is a highlight video from our wedding day.... I was almost tempted to post the entire video because our wedding was my absolute favorite... nothing would I have changed (except for it to have lasted longer!). I can still hear the brass playing, Callie and Paul singing (the Phil Wickham song from the video), the vows spoken. I can still remember faces in the congregation, those who love us so well standing beside us. While really the majority is a blur, I remember loving nothing more than dancing all night with family and friends to the Spazmatics... but most of all, I remember the butterfly feeling of KNOWING I was the luckiest girl in the world to let go of the last name Gross (sorry Mom and Dad) and to inherit the last name Rector.



I can't believe where all we have been these last few years together as husband and wife.... it would be an absolute fib if I said these years haven't proven to be the hardest, most trying years of our lives... but I have to immediately follow that up with the fact that hands down they have been the absolute BEST, most refining years yet.

BJ - You love me so well. Thank you for pursuing Christ the way that you do and for desiring that He be the head of our home. Thank you for loving the unlovable parts of me... for calling me beautiful, inside and out. Thank you for giving me my baby girl, Eleanor... she truly is the best parts of you and me put together and I couldn't love her any more. Thank you for the way that you love her. Thank you, in advance, for BR #2... I can't wait to know another version of you and I combined. Thank you for working really hard so that I can stay home and be a momma to these babies... it truly is my dream come true, and I know it is a BIG sacrifice you are making. Thank you for reminding me that you are not my provider, God is. Thank you for choosing me... for wanting to spend the rest of your days on this earth with me by your side, I am so humbled.

I know I am not the best at showing affection or offering words of affirmation... the two things you appreciate most. But know that I LOVE YOU with my entire being, I respect you and and that you are my very best friend. I know I am not the best at it, but I will spend the rest of my life trying to truly show you that these are not empty words. Happy Anniversary, Stud... I love you.

Comments

The Clark's said…
Congrats BJ and Karen, marriage truly is one of the greatest gifts that God gives us!
so sweet! what a gorgeous wedding it was! the video made me tear up. :)

you two lead beautiful lives, and i can't wait to see what your next stunning child looks like. :)
Lifethrualinds said…
Seriously, you had the most beautiful wedding! I definitely sat here and watched the whole video! You were stunning! Congrats on 3 years!

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020