31 Weeks...

It was pretty crazy looking at the pregnancy ticker this week... 60 days to go... OMG. Baby, this is nuts... we are going to meet you before we know it!! Is it okay to admit I am FREAKED OUT still about all of this... can I really go through labor? am I ready to be a Momma? is BJ ready to be a Daddy? can we afford diapers? will you like us???? These are just SOME of the things that keep me up at night. That, and your really long body (obviously) that loves to stretch out and hit me under my ribs and right at my pelvis at the same time... you must be tall like your daddy!

The craziest thing happened the other night... I was watching the news in bed and my stomach appeared to do the wave... like what you would see at the ballgame... I think it was your elbow moving from one side to the other! But it skimmed the entire circumference of my belly... WEIRD and AWESOME and (kind of) Painful. It is pretty crazy to know that you started out the size of a speck and now you are like almost a cabbage patch doll!

This week we celebrated Memorial Day with the Gross and the Rector clan - we had a great time with ALL the Grandparents... Mike, Dot, Pam, Bill and Donna... they all just love you and are fascinated with my belly (they say it keeps getting bigger - darn for me, yay for you!). The doctor told me to start swimming 2-3 times a week to keep the pressure off of my legs in this crazy heat and because of weddings on Saturday evenings... so that is exactly what I did this Memorial Day! I floated all day long... I did swim a few laps... but mainly, floated!

This week, we pray GENTLENESS over you. May you never ever deny or forget the GENTLENESS with which Christ loves His church... He gave himself up for her to be their King. He is slow to anger with His people, He GENTLY rebukes us to woo us back to Him. He is also compassionate - recognizing all that we go through and GENTLY loves us through it.

And.... Whether you like it or not, you are being born into a loud, energetic family... one that I think you will not only like, but grow to love (your daddy did!). To the outside world, I am sure we appear anything but GENTLE (prayerfully, this is not true... but unfortunately, it may be the case sometimes). But I pray over you, and me, that the sweet Spirit of our Savior would invade your soul and give you a GENTLE heart. That amidst the noise, the competition, the sarcasm, there would be a true GENTLENESS that is evident to all. A spirit that is humble (because you are going to be awesome), servant-minded, tender and compassionate, amiable and calm... that even though you probably will be a show-stopper, center of attention lover, performer like your momma.... you would have the sweet, GENTLE spirit like your daddy... a true gift of the Holy Spirit.

Psalm 18:35
You have given me the shield of your salvation, and your right hand supported me, and your GENTLENESS made me great.

Proverbs 15:1
A GENTLE answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Ephesians 4:1-3

I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and GENTLENESS, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.


Philippians 4:4-6

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your GENTLENESS be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.


1 Peter 3:14-16
But even if you should suffer for righteousness’ sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them,nor be troubled, but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with GENTLENESS and respect, having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020