33 Weeks...

This week was great, albeit busy, again! When I reflect on what I remember from this week, one thing sticks out in my mind: Braxton Hicks. That is right, unfortunately, while working an outdoor ceremony / indoor reception last weekend I experienced my first bout of "contractions". Luckily, I was working with a great team and they were able to help me out big time with my clients... unluckily for me, the "contractions" really didn't stop until mid-Sunday morning!

I am thoroughly enjoying the summer... the only thing I wish was that it was slightly less hot and humid. Being on your feet, 9 months pregnant, and it being 100+ degrees makes for a messy combination... swelling! I really can't complain too much, though... because I only swell like once a week :)!

The only other thing that has started is some pain in my back and stomach muscles when I am sleeping... apparently, you are getting big and heavy, so I am feeling it!

This week, through series of unfortunate events, I have come to face the very-real reality that life is so fleeting, so precious, and that we are definitely not promised tomorrow. Now, I know that you belong to the Lord, baby, and that your days on this earth are already know to our heavenly Father... this week we sang one of my very favorite songs this past week at church and I will pull from one stanza that REALLY made me step back and evaluate how I feel about welcoming you into the world:

No guilt in life, no fear in death, this is the power of Christ in me
FROM LIFE'S FIRST CRY TO FINAL BREATH, JESUS COMMANDS MY DESTINY.
No power of hell, no scheme of man can ever pluck me from His hand
Until He returns or calls me home, here is the power of Christ I'll stand.
*In Christ Alone (Getty)

And so as we have already prayed through the "Fruit of the Spirit" to be made manifest in your life... I want to turn to pray over you, over BJ and I as we raise you, to trust - believe - offer our lives and yours from beginning to end to the Lord... knowing that He ALONE controls the number of our days, you belong to Him and we get the awesome privilege of raising you in our home. He knows you now and we trust that He will keep you all the days of your life...

Psalm 139:13-18

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.

My frame was not hidden from you,when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth.

Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I would count them, they are more than the sand. I awake, and I am still with you.

James 4:13-15

Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020