32 Weeks...

Another exciting, busy week has gone by... and we are just getting closer and closer to meeting you, baby! If I am being honest, I am now at the point that it is almost like I know I am about to go on a big trip, or BJ and I are getting married again, or like it's my 5th birthday in a few weeks and I just can't wait..... that is how I feel about Y-O-U! I cannot cannot cannot (but want you to be healthy, so will happily) wait to meet you!

Every single day I have a different feeling - it often even changes throughout the day... it is SO fun not knowing who you are, whether you are a boy or girl, and loving you SO SO much anyway! You have already brought so much joy to your daddy and I - and already so much reproof! It is quite hard to pray the fruit of the Spirit over your little life and not be forced to stop and examine our own hearts... I have been walking around quite convicted, challenged and prayerful that the Holy Spirit would continue a deep work inside of me.

This week was packed full of activities... of course I had a wedding, we dog sat for your Aunt Mindy and Uncle Josh, we went to the Rangers' game with our small group, and we had our maternity pictures!! I cannot wait to see the photos taken by the talented, and loving David Edmonson of Edmonson Photography. What an amazing blessing David and Luke have been to BJ and I... even before we were married, to our wedding day and beyond... and now our friendship had the opportunity to celebrate Baby Rector! So, that is why this week's belly post is so amazing... David is a bit better than BJ (haha, sorry honey!). I will dedicate a full post to our maternity shoot with David once we see all the images.... most of all, I pray that you see the LOVE BJ and I have for each other, baby, and the JOY we have as we prepare to welcome you into this world and our family!

Our final week praying through the "fruit of the Spirit" leads us to praying for SELF-CONTROL. There are multiple definitions for this quality, but two that I am going to focus on specifically. We pray that again, as situations arise you would be equipped by the Spirit to keep your born-into-sin nature emotions managed, defeated even, by the grace you have been given. That you could be able to CONTROL, evaluate and examine, your desires... that you would not live for self-gratification, search for quick fixes or temporary pleasures... but that you would be prayerful, deliberate and possess SELF-CONTROL in your decisions and reactions to what the world will throw at you. Along with this, that SELF-CONTROL in you would demonstrate a wise heart. May you grow in wisdom all the days of your life, be reasonable and patient in your decisions... not hasty or flippant. When provoked, may the Holy Spirit bridle your tongue, your anger and give you overwhelming SELF-CONTROL to not react in sin. When tempted, my the Holy Spirit protect your little heart and guide you in wisdom and SELF-CONTROL not to give in to your flesh or to sin. When in times of joy, may the Holy Spirit protect you from a pompous heart, but may the SELF-CONTROL you possess give all glory and honor to Christ Jesus.

Proverbs 25:27-28
It is not good to eat much honey, nor is it glorious to seek one’s own glory. A man without SELF-CONTROL is like a city broken into and left without walls.

1 Corinthians 9:24-26
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises SELF-CONTROL in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air.

2 Timothy 1:6-8
For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and SELF-CONTROL. Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord, nor of me his prisoner, but share in suffering for the gospel by the power of God....

Titus 2:11-13
For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live SELF-CONTROLLED, upright, and godly lives in the present age, waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ.

Comments

Lynn said…
i know i say it all the time, but this precious little one is already one of the most blessed babies on the face of the earth having you 2 as parents! your journey brings such incredible JOY to so many. LORD bless you all muchly. Love & Shalom ~ lynnie

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020