Kudos to my hub, BJ

Well, I need to join the bandwagon and brag on my husband... it seems that it is going around. Lately, my friend's husbands are doing a few things here and there to let their wives know they are loved... and well, BJ is no exception!

Friday morning BJ asked me if he could take me on a date later in the evening - you may be thinking how very odd that a husband need ask his wife for a date, but I have to tell you, it was so endearing to me :) - you see, our lives have been just a little too busy for our own good - between my job (that keeps me busy on weekends) and his search for a new career, well, we just have not been too good at carving out intentional time for one another. So I was ecstatic when he asked me for a date :)....

Upon arriving home Friday after work (tired from a hectic wedding rehearsal), BJ was standing at the front door, Mojito in hand for me, freshly shaved, with a PINK button down on - what a sight... and that wasn't all....

It is not secret that the Rector family budget has taken a big hit over the last few months and well, that means Karen's closet has suffered a big blow - no new things in who knows how long - (as shallow as this sounds, it gets to a girl...). Well, last week at the mall I began coveting a little dress from Anthropologie that I mentioned to BJ in passing, thinking it went in one ear and out the other... BUT - on Friday - along with a mojito - was a perfectly wrapped box from Anthro - and what was inside - my little dress!! BJ had taken notes, put it on hold, and bought it for me as a little sussy for Spring :)!

Isn't it darling - perfect for an outdoor wedding we are going to this June :)!

We then went to dinner at Rise (a souffle spot by our house) and ate passed our fullness on some yummy bleu cheese, smoked salmon, and chocolate souffles :)... YUM!

Major brownie points for Beej - I love him so....

Comments

The Joiners said…
Props to your husband! And I like that we are both married to BJ's... even if mine doesn't go by BJ :)
the blogivers said…
Yes, major props to BJ!
Mindy Rives said…
Maybe you should wear that new little ditty on your first date with Kris Allen?? I think BJ would be OK with that, right? :)

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020