Iphone SHMIphone Obsessions

So many of you may already know this--but BJ loves Apple.  I mean I feel like he is passionate about their products, moderately obsessed, and just ridiculous sometimes if you ask me.  It could be regarding a computer, an ipod, or the Iphone.... once he starts talking, just know you will be chatting a while.....
Today I was thinking about how much money we have given Mr. Apple and so let me just share all of the his products that BJ and I have collected and now have in our possession (this is sick, and I bet you all have even more!):
40G Generation 2 Ipod
80G Video Ipod
30 G Video Ipod
Nano Ipod
2 Shuffles
2 MacBooks
2 Generation 1 Iphones... well, that is until today.

About one month ago, BJ told me he was going to sell his Iphone and buy the new one when it came out... how ridiculous (I thought).  Who needs a new Iphone when not even a year ago we got them?  Apple... oh the tease you are.  Ridiculous until I found out that we could sell our phones, get new ones, and probably profit in the scenario... so I was suckered in!  This sick addiction to Apple has infected so many of us--but come on--they are just so great.  My Iphone is without question the greatest asset to my success in organization every single day.  

The new Iphone is now 3G's.  What does that mean??  I think it just means faster internet.  Normally I would say who cares and continue with my old one, but I have now tried to justify my future purchase knowing that my phone is my landline, email, calendar, alarm, GPS--basically, I rely on this guy for everything... so if they say this one is better... they had me at hello.

So one month later (today)... BJ and I have just sold our Iphones--I am currently using a Motorola flip phone from like 5 years ago (thanks Raedean)--but lines have been around the corners, stores have sold out and are getting just a few everyday... so this "old" phone will have to do until the stores restock--and then, I will be up with the rest of you Apple addicts, as will BJ--what a sick game!  Iphone 3G here we come. And you know we will be up to this again in the next year with the new ones.... sick, I say!

A fun fact--I heard today that over 1 MILLION IPHONES sold the first day--at a starting price of $199 a pop, I would say Mr. Apple and all his investors are doing mighty fine.

Comments

Lynn said…
those gadgets may be a must have for your generation, but i am still living like a semi-hippie from the dark ages who only got a dvd player in the year 2007AD!!
when beej or anyone starts tech-talk, all i hear is "blah, blah,blahblah, blah." but i am very grateful for all you tech gurus who can enlighten me upon the way!! luv y'all bunches ~ aunt lynn

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020