Eleanor :: Four Months Old

How are we already here? I know I am not the most faithful at updating on a regular basis, but it seems as like I blinked and my little lady is 4 MONTHS OLD. Eleanor, stop it. Stop melting our hearts, stop making our knees weak, stop being so gosh darn cute... it is too much... our hearts may burst! What a true JEWEL you are... there is not a day, nor moment, that goes by that Momma and Daddy aren't completely humbled that you are our little girl... never in a million years could we have done anything to deserve you... you are a GIFT that we will never ever take for granted, our precious little one, WE LOVE YOU.

Punkin Pie puts on quite the show for the camera - Eleanor, you have grown to love and completely show off for the camera... I can never get enough pictures of you! (I need to start taking more on our camera and not just my phone)
You are getting SO big... your little thighs are just my favorite... you are really not that big of a baby, but lets just say you have mini-thunder thighs... and they are amazing.
Newest game: you love to stick out your tongue and blow bubbles..... too much!
Next favorite thing that you do.... chew on your feet!! You absolutely LOVE to have your toes in your mouth... socks or barefoot, it doesn't matter. Oh the limber body you have ;)!Now that you have GREAT head control, we have introduced you to your BOB Stroller - and little girl, you LOVE IT. I guess walks are much more fun when you get to look out at the grass, trees and people... you coo and laugh and of course, always end up falling asleep!
I am such a proud Momma!
You and Lucy Kate had your FIRST official playdate... of many more to come!!Your days are not filled with as much sleeping as they have been in the last couple of months... your typical day is up at 7:00am to eat, go back to sleep until about 9:00am, eat and then you love to play and dance for a good hour or so, then you nap and rise to eat about 11:30am, we do a little tummy time, a little self-play, sometimes go on a walk, eat at 2pm, play some more, take a cat-nap around 3:30, eat at 4pm, play until you want to eat at 5:30pm, play and take a cat-nap until about 7:30pm, eat and bedtime festivities begin... you are in bed by 8pm, I still dream feed you at 10:30 and we greet you again in the morning! How do you greet us? AMAZING.

Yes, every morning is just the same. Sometimes, however, you are even more excited and we get a loud squeal!

You are so engaged when people talk to you know... you follow Momma and Daddy with your eyes, you grab for your toys in front of you, you talk talk talk all day long and WE LOVE IT.
Tummy Time - still not your favorite, but you are getting better. The longest you have lasted on your tummy without a fit is about 2.5 minutes... little girl, that (and when you have gas), is the only time you fuss!We celebrated your first Thanksgiving in San Antonio and you were a HIT! We stayed with your Mimi and she just could not get enough of you... obviously, we couldn't either!

You LOVE your MIMI... the very first time you met her you gave her a smile that melted her heart - every time she talks to you, your face lights up!Again, most of this month was spent loving on your feet...Gobble Gobble Princess...So, you were born on "National Dance Day" and from the very beginning we joked that it was only appropriate knowing how much your Momma loves to dance, and HOPES that you do too... well, I guess that isn't a question! This happens pretty much 3-4 times every day...

And now for the gas (sorry, this will embarrass you someday) but little girl it just breaks our heart that you get bad gas... I would say about every other day you have a mini-attack that just hurts your little tummy. It normally only lasts about 30 minutes, but it completely wears you out...
It got cold this month, and seeing as your favorite activity is to be outside, sometimes we have to improvise for ways to keep you warm when we aren't up to date on laundry. Let's be honest, even this hodge-podge of an outfit looks cute, and you were warm and happy on our walk, so that is all that matters!Your nails grow like weeds.... I feel like I cut them about twice a week, and apparently I don't do the best job... your face when through the ringer a few times this month. So, I have invested in a file to round out those edges!You are SO curious, always wanting to know what we are doing, constantly following us around with your eyes and head... C'MON... I mean it, STOP being so precious, we can't take it - I mean, WHO CAN RESIST THIS PUNKIN???One thing that Daddy and I have definitely learned from you: the overwhelming love that our Heavenly Father has for us. I would literally lay down my life for you, without hesitation, regardless if you even cared... that is what our sweet Savior did for us. It MAKES. MY. DAY. when I get to wake you up in the morning because the simple words "Good Morning" cause you to smile, laugh, squeal and get so excited for me to pick you up... that is all the Lord wants us His children too... just to simply acknowledge Him... to be GLAD in His presence, to WAIT on Him, to REJOICE that He is always there in the morning, noon or night... how often my days fill up where I don't give my Heavenly Father the JOY you give me. Quite a humbling little lesson baby girl. I pray you acknowledge the Lord from an early age with even MORE enthusiasm than you give to Momma and Daddy... what more could anyone ever ask for? I LOVE YOU PRECIOUS ONE... my days are so meaningful because you are in them.

Psalm 100: 4-5
Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise! Give thanks to Him; bless His name! For the LORD is good; His steadfast love endures forever, and His faithfulness to all generations.

Comments

Kim said…
She is SUCH doll, Karen! I'm so glad I got to meet her! I think Eleanor and Grace might be future dancing buddies- I have to show you the video of Grace's latest dance moves! Happy 4 months, Eleanor!!

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020