Who Fills My Cup?

If you have read any of my last few post you know right off the bat one place that fills my cup. Of course, Starbucks. But, I also frequent a great little spot on Lovers Ln. and Armstrong, in the heart of the Park Cities, called Drip Coffee. There is another great place in uptown, Crooked Tree Coffee. I wanted to write this post only to say I have an apparent superfluous amount of time and money at certain times. Also to ask any readers to comment. If you have some other great places to sit with a good spiced chai tea latte please record your "spot" in the comments below. Or, if you want to let me know a much better way to spend our funds, than on a drink that costs $30.80/gallon, feel free. A lengthy introduction, indeed.

What is money anyway? Who needs it? It is a way to trade for goods and services, isn't it? I need it, don't I? Sometimes I answer this question differently, but today I feel emotional about it. Yes I have testicles, but regrettably also deep emotions about several things I'd much rather not. I wish I cared a whole lot less about people. Compassion costs me a lot to be sure, just ask Karen. So how do my feelings and thoughts about, say... money and spending reflect my heart? This is a question any pastor worth his salt has posed to his constituents. Of course it reflects a person spending, but how does anyone hope to really know the condition of a heart from looking at spending habits. I am beginning to turn that question over and over in my head to see my error or my lack of understanding. I'd say typically I am judgmental of people, especially if I could peer into their pocketbooks. And I am sure they likewise of me and mine. Our condition, go figure. All this makes me ask, "What if God didn't need us? What if He didn't need our efforts, time, money, talents or any potential offering we possess?" You can probably see where this is going.He does not and never has. We are merely made partakers of anything good, if it be good. regarding money/spending I find that living between the extremes of asceticism and entitlement will most likely never be worked out in my mind. But boy is it worth the trip to try. So far I find it worth the journey. Sometimes because it helps me reconcile my worth in a ginormous universe. Often though I think it's because I am becoming more like whom I seek to know. I know I ramble but there is a point. In all my recent thoughts about money and how it is used I've come to the conclusion, at least as far as today takes me.

Who fills my cup? One that I've never met, never seen, never encountered other than in my own inner being.

Comments

Mindy Rives said…
A fancy new blog design (and blog name) calls for a really good update post....like NOW! And your first prego belly shot!
Lynn said…
mine, too......to overflowing.
don't you just fall in love with JESUS more and more as time goes by ?

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020