If It's Left Up to Me...

So this post-wedding blog is waiting for some new customization. As it waits I will write about whatever I want. Karen knows that if something like this is left to me then the previous and following posts are likely to emerge. After the Starbucks encounter and seeing great movies what else is there one might ask. Well...
There is also the kind of writing that I don't see too often on the girl friendly, recipe ridden, baby growth, photography framed blog posts. Not that those are bad, I love photography, art, food and babies as much as the next hubby.
But, Gentlemen this is specifically for you. Because I get asked about marriage realities often and want to dispense of any rumors regarding perfect harmony. I know they are floating around out there. So... I did something stupid. As you catch your breath and overcome that shock, wait. It gets worse. I lied. I lied to Karen. I lied to Karen about my sin, which we agree to hold each other accountable for.

Let me clarify my lie. I was not forthcoming about something I did that was embarrassing and stupid. Now husbands, not much is worse than having a squashed ego, bruised pride, etc. Right?! Especially when it potentially will cost you some cash. Well I know what's worse. And now I know it a little more clearly. Being at odds with your best friend. If all this sharpening of the soul were more clearly elaborated to me before the altar I'm not sure I or anyone would be so blindly eager to jump head over heels into matrimonial "bliss."

The reason I wrote the opening the way I did is because I have never read about anyone's imperfections on a blog. And even more I know theologically we are all far more imperfect than perfect. If you press into the perfect holiness that is God and find yourself anywhere but a great distance away, able only to see the Light by sheer Grace and Mercy, you are a fool who has been bewitched. Kinda like I was fooled, thinking that if I walked carefully taking just the right steps my sin would not entangle me. Foolishness! Time has helped me see with a slight bit more clarity how this all happened and what I am to do. And by time I mean since yesterday. Then it came to me. After my apology, to my lovely imperfect wife, I'll blog. This helps me in part process for myself. Also for anyone who cares to pray for marriages or even callously if you need something to hold over marriage and any perceived perfection of said marriage, this is a great post to print and blackmail us/them with. I can assure you this is happens everywhere, all the time, to terrific christian couples.

So as I leave this with a measure amount of unresolved explanation please know that I love my wife. She may be just a girl, but she's my girl. As I am trying to chase the Father yet realize He alone pursues perfectly, the glimpses of what I heard about ring true. I have to remember my bride and deal with understanding and gentleness, as she is my partner in the Gospel. That is the sole purpose for our union, partnership in the Gospel. Christ died, Christ rose, Christ is making all things new. Even a deprived man like me. Who, for the joy set before me is enduring the accountability marriage brings that I may present my bride clean and pure before the Lord.
Pray for marriage, it is a holy union. Yet, yoked are imperfect, eternal beings bound for future holiness. Unfathomable!

Comments

Lynn said…
beej,
you have always had the ability to grab my heart and pull me in. i love you more than just about anything in this world 'cept JESUS and i am always so proud of you. i am under no delusions of perfection in any of us, only the ONE man ONE GOD is perfect. keeping short accounts of your disagreements/sin/screw ups,etc will always make your and karen's road an easier one. love you tons. peace ~ aunt lynn

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020