Karen is...


I don't do this very often any more.  Write blog entries that is.  So I have been thinking recently about wanting to bless Karen.  I need to first say that there are many reasons that she is worth blessing.  There are multiple ways in which she blesses me.  I know of no more lasting and descriptive way to encourage her and remind the people in our lives what a tremendous person she is, than the use of words in written form.

Karen is a centrist Christian woman.  I use the term centrist because there are fringe ideologies (not unimportant, just not most important) which do not bear the weight of essential gospel identity.  She keeps herself very close to the center truths that Jesus taught.  There are lots of deep and impressive aspects she knows about scripture and christian living.  But when she lives and teaches and speaks with people you will hear a central focal idea.  Jesus has given her the passion to embrace people and share wisdom very eloquently and with out hesitation.  In this she is always bold!

Karen is a wife of great expectations.  Her role in my sanctification is to remind me of Jesus holiness.  I could never, and would never, have asked God for anything but simple and easy when it comes to moving through life.  These were unfortunately not Jesus highest priority.  Karen's affinity for excellence and discipline show a similar disposition as Jesus' which encourages me to trust God's grace in such real and deep ways.  I would never have seen so clearly certain common truths about righteousness apart from Karen.

Karen is a loving daughter.  I don't know many people who so genuinely and consistently love and cherish their parents.  Now granted Mike and Dot are fairly easy to love, but she always goes above and beyond to share with them different aspects of our lives, seeks out their guidance and direction, and she speaks so kindly and respectful of them no matter the situation.  I hope my daughter turns out to be like her mommy.

Karen is the greatest mother there has ever been.  She teaches, loves, nurtures, admonishes, embraces, prays, disciplines, feeds, cares, sings, dances and a whole host of other things with our children.  Secretly I love these things for myself as well as for my children.  If I could hope and pray for anything.  It would be that my wife rubs off on my kids.  In so many ways I want them to be exactly like her.  Her abilities to parent make my work, leisure, leading, parenting and loving more effective.  She defines beauty and romance for me.  Have you ever loved someone so much that you wish others could trade places with you to see how great it is?  Karen is my someone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020