There went the bride, da dum di dum...


This blog is dedicated to my 5 readers who keep pestering me for an update:

Well, the title of this blog is no longer legit-- it is no longer the blog belonging to the future Mr. and Mrs. William Rector, because I am officially Mrs. William Joseph Rector, II!!!  If you were unable to join the celebration on the most joyous day of BJ and I's life.... continue reading, for I have to share the story that tells of the greatest day of our lives.

It is so funny, millions of girls every year spend so much time and energy building toward this one day... you dream of it being exactly the way you had always hoped.  It's crazy I know, but I admit, it was worth all the time, stress and meetings: BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!  

For me, I had always wanted to get married in the church where Maria from Sound of Music did.... the big cathedral with a booming pipe organ and accompanying musicians.  The trumpet would pay as I entered with my dad on my arm, me and my groom both tearful as I look from underneath my blushing veil.  "Who gives this woman to be married to this man?" My dad would proudly say her mother and I do, raise my veil, kiss me and hand me to my adoring husband.  We would then hear solos that would bring the hardest heart to tears, a message that would penetrate to the soul of men, and repeat vows written that we would prove tried and true.  The pastor would join us in holy matrimony, we would kiss, face the raving audience, and take the proudest stroll out of the church.  That is what I always thought....

Not far off from reality!  Unfortunately, the majority of our ceremony is a blur, and I am counting the days until or DVD is delivered so I can watch it.  But what I do know is that the reality of our ceremony was so much more grand, worshipful, profound, and glorious than I ever dreamed. When BJ and I were planning our ceremony, our heart's greatest desire would be that an overwhelming presence of the Holy Spirit would prevail, that the Lord would be glorified, and that our lives would be a picture of Jesus one day coming back for his bride, the church.  In the midst of all the humdrum dreams I had of being like "Maria", I pray that the Lord was given all of the glory.  Many of this is in thanks to: 
1. Our great pastor - Zack Nigliazzo, one of BJ's best friends and mentor-- he taught the Scriptures in a fantastic way, and related to each and every person in attendace
2. Our soloists - hats off to Callie Nixon and Paul Goebel... I rarely talk to anyone who came to our wedding and doesn't mention that perhaps these two are some of the most talented individuals around... they didn't leave a dry eye in the church with their raised voices
3. The brass and organ- I thought I would do a string quartet and a trumpet.... I am so glad that I did not.  I brought in 9 pieces from the brass section (included a trombone, tuba, french horn, etc...)... you men are unbelievable.  With the organ, it was the most beautiful music I have ever heard.

From the ceremony it was one fun bus ride with our wedding party to Brook Hollow Golf Club. Here are some fun shots, that is as deep as this portion of the evening was.

The reception was also a blur, darn!  Again, can't wait to see our video!!  All I remember is seeing people that I love, not seeing everyone I hoped to, dancing with my dad, dancing with everyone else.... and leaving like I had just left a kamp dance party (tired and sweaty--such a classy bride).  Hats off to our party band, The Spazmatics, who made our reception the best party BJ and I most likely will ever throw.... that is until the daughter we hope for one day is married :)!

We left the evening being wounded by pink confetti--but feeling blessed by the crowds of people who came to witness, celebrate, and encourage our marriage!  BJ and I still talk about our wedding day being the best day of our lives--- never have we felt such love from the people around us, support from our family and friends, and overwhelming peace from our heavenly Father, who we believe smiled upon us greatly that day.  Sad that it is over, but the best part is just beginning.  I am married to an amazing man who loves the Lord, loves me, and is passionate about bringing people to know the saving grace of Christ.  Enjoy some pictures posted below... we have freaking 17,000 to look through (thank you Edmonson!!).

**A special thanks to Mike and Dot, without their blessing and financial gifts, this wedding would not have been possible.  Thank you for giving the BJ and I over and above what we deserve.  We love you both SO much.
The bridesmaids and my mommy praying over the ceremony before go-time...
The most memorable walk I have ever taken with my dad...

Mr. and Mrs. William Joseph Rector, II


The little bus ride to Brook Hollow

Our first dance... classy picture

Cutting our yummy La Duni "Cuatros Leches" Cake!

And then.... the party really began...

Even Dot busted a move!


The Spazmatics (minus Cecil, the drummer)... the kings of 80's cover

The most beautiful confetti mess ever!!


Off to Maui!!

Comments

Jessica said…
Karen, I have enjoyed reading about your glorious day. Thank you for your posts and I hope you have a wonderful life with BJ. I'm sure we will run into each other at some point, until then!!
Kim said…
Ahhh... love it! I told you this at your reception, but since the whole night is a blur, you may not remember... The Lord was glorified in incredible and powerful ways through both the ceremony and your relationship! You guys are amazing!

And yes, thank you for finally updating! Let's make a habit of this! :)
Lynn said…
Beautiful update Mrs. Rector!! I, too, have been checking, but knew you were busy with work and settling into your new life. luv & peace ~ aunt lynn

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020