Mushrooms and Garlic...Uggg!

"Your hair looks like a mushroom", Karen's morning welcome to me.
"Well I like mushrooms, I wish you liked them too. But, apparently you don't!"
"I hate it when your hair is straight down like that and you know it!"
"I just wish you liked mushrooms..."
"I do like them...on my pizza. I can't even remember the last time I had pizza."

This was the second spat of the morning at Karen's parents house. She picked up her parents last night from the airport, and I drove up to hang out. The first spat was over the garlic. Somehow I ate garlic last night and it drove all kissing pleasure away. And yes, the garlic hung around until this morning's attempt as well. Sheesh! How much brushing does it take to get that stuff out?

I like seeing Karen no matter her condition or fashion issues. She, however, is less apt to be unconcerned with those two tiny, little, normal, everyday thoughts. Surprisingly, her concern with these two tiny, little, normal, everyday thoughts far exceeds my own. Who knew? Most of the time I am on the up and up but, occasionally I miss the mark.

Jesus says that it is harder for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than a rich man inherit eternal life. I am not sure if this means simply getting into heaven or that once you're in heaven you receive an inheritance through a servant-hearted life on earth. Either way each of us misses the mark in so many ways. Whether in motives, actions, attitudes or thoughts we have an inherently difficult time knowing and doing good, especially as God views good. That's also why Jesus says unless you be born again you can not see eternal life. Unless a man is born of spirit and water he will not see eternal life.

Moral of the story: if you argue with you fiancee' she always wins because she's always right;
if you don't do good all the time, in all you do, because your are always motivated by righteousness, then good luck with that eye of the needle trick! But God did plan ahead. (Hence the stories from that Jesus guy earlier)

This is a typical, absurd argument we have. Lovingly, we like to communicate with great hyperbole. It happens at really random, obscure times. Also, I like to think and talk...a lot. So enjoy!

Ciao

Comments

Anonymous said…
umm. do i have the bluest eyes in texas or what?!?!
seriously, not bragging they are really blue in this pic.
Lynn said…
in that a rhetorical question or what?!?! you are hilarious beej! you never cease to make me laff.

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020