Our First Anniversary Present!

So if anyone is actually still checking this blog for updates, I figured it is high time to brag about an amazing anniversary - that's right - we made it ONE year!

To really share all that went into the weekend celebration will take more than one blog entry - woohoo - the promise of another update soon... but for now, this post is dedicated to an amazing gift that was given to BJ and I!!

The Friday morning before our anniversary weekend BJ asked me to work from home and go to lunch with him - luckily it was a slow week so that wouldn't be a problem - and then he told me to make sure I dressed like I was going to work. Um - what did that mean? Knowing that our anniversary weekend was going to be quite an affair in and of itself, I immediately got upset with him for spending any extra monies on lunch that day... haha... I am so ridiculous. He told me to get over it and get dressed...

So we get in the car heading to lunch and slowly I begin to realize that we never go this direction leaving our place when going out - then, turns become a little more obvious and by the time we arrived I was beside myself.... we were at Brook Hollow!

Still keeping a good secret, he let me walk in wandering how he pulled off planning a lunch without me know it only to find this when I walked in....






What a TREAT - our wedding vendors all came together to celebrate our anniversary!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU to DFW Events (Mindy Rives, in particular!), Charles Redin of Brook Hollow, Junior of Garden Gate and Duni Borga from La Duni for celebrating BJ and I - we cannot express how loved we feel!! (Literally, I started crying when I walked in... bahahaha!)

Enjoy these next few pictures of our beautiful, FILLING, lunch!! (Mindy left her camera for our personal hostess to snap shots of our lunch - with a specific instruction for me to blog...!) :



Here is to you and me, BJ!



Our lunch was planned to be in the bay window off of the main ballroom (where our cake sat one year before, a missing chandelier from the wedding was supposed to be overhead as a surprise from Nelson, our designer!); unfortunately, there was a last minute memorial service booked at the club and BJ's work schedule couldn't be tweaked, so they moved our lunch to the Hollow Bar at a gorgeous, private table!



1st Course - Goat Cheese on Roasted Figs Salad... YUM!



2nd Course - BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP (O.M.G. My Favorite!!!)




3rd Course - By this time I was already full, but just had to eat some of this amazing salad - Tenderloin and Grilled Brie - so so so good... BJ ate some fish dish.. not my thing. It is funny to say that beef is... that is new!



4th Course - Cheese Flan, Roasted Pear and Light Green Salad - I mean literally by this point I was DONE... too bad, the flan was a-ma-zing!!



Needless to say, we did not cut into our cake - our stomachs just could not take the beating! We did however, take this - along with a bottle of champagne given to us from BHGC - for our anniversary weekend!! More details on what was to come will follow...



Our hostess was so wonderful and wanted to take pictures of us outside - this is my favorite!!

THANK YOU DFW EVENTS, CHARLES REDIN, JUNIOR and DUNI for the best anniversary present! WE LOVE YOU!!

Comments

awwwww-how sweet! it looked lovely. happy anniversary! where has the year gone?!?
Kim said…
SO cute!! i can't believe it's been a year already! congrats!!

and i am an official "black tie, white dress" follower, so any time you update, i'll be reading! keep 'em coming! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020