29 Weeks

All dressed up to work I go.... this week I had one of my last three weddings - that is right, only two more to go! It is SO strange writing that... so strange living it.... I cannot believe the wonderful chapter of wedding planning is coming to a close (for now). It has been such a large part of my life and something I truly love, so to see it end is bittersweet... but SO SO sweet to stay home with my babies. Again, a huge step of faith for Momma and Daddy, but we really believe that the Lord is calling us to this and we are ecstatic!

You have become quite the little booger... you rarely keep still, which is such a blessing, but it is getting tight in there! I am starting to feel a bit uncomfortable - especially by the end of the day... normally in my upper back but sometimes in my lower tummy... and sleeping is starting to be more of a task to get in the right position. Again, worth it!

This week, praying over your precious life is becoming more real (because of the above description of our mover and shaker) and it is fitting that we would pray that you would hunger and thirst for righteousness. We are fortunate enough to live in a country where you will most likely never really know what it means to hunger and thirst. Sure, there are going to be times that you will be "starving" and have to eat or feel desperate for a drink, but nothing that is permanent or even an ordeal that won't be fixed almost immediately. Not everyone is so blessed, sweet one, and I pray we never take that for granted. But I do pray that you truly hunger and thirst.... that you feel the emptiness, the intense pains, the discomfort, the desperation... and that satisfaction and fullness would come from a pursuit towards righteousness... a pursuit to know Jesus more, to find community that builds - encourages - sharpens you, a pursuit that would ensure you would never hunger or thirst more.... that you would find satisfaction and completeness in Jesus Christ, alone. No question you will find that other things will distract you from this pursuit... whether it be material possessions, status, accomplishments, etc... no question that at some point or another you will probably pursue these things.... even hunger or thirst for them. But you will find, BR #2, that they do not satisfy.... the trends always change, someone will always be faster or better, and well.... we are our own worst enemy when we accomplish something and want to push yourself even further. What does satisfy? The unending, forever - searchable pursuit, hunger and thirst, for righteousness. Not a righteousness that is of yourself or brings glory to yourself, but the righteousness that is only found in Christ.

Matthew 5:6
"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied."

Psalm 63:1, 5
"O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water... My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips..."

John 6:35
"Jesus said to them, 'I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020