27 Weeks...

*Guest blogger BJ, (is this really necessary? Karen says YES, It is.)
What did we do this week? Well Karen had her second baby shower (she will blog about this, for sure). BJ enjoyed some early success at his new job. And, we spent a fun Sunday night with our new small group over the fabulous Rosa's Cafe mexican cuisine. Karen is very pumped because she only gained one pound this week. Bummed to have found this out, however, due to a trip to the doctor for hacking her lungs up.


Well, seeing how I am a guest and new at blogging about baby things I should take this opportunity to confess that I find it a little weird to try to talk to our baby in front of you all. Weirder still is the admittance of this fact. I have been praying along with Karen for the different fruit of the Spirit in our child, and journaling my thoughts and prayers for reading at a later time. But since I have you all as an audience today I think I will take the time to tell you what I have thought about this pregnancy and new addition to our family up to now.

As it all started with a surprise and obviously we are keeping the theme running, I'd like to say what is not a surprise. To me at least. How amazing and diligent your mother is at praying for you and keeping you in the forefront of her thoughts. Admittedly she is carrying you and who could forget that, but I am daily reminded of my need to be more selfless and caring as I simply see her belly grow and know what lengths she has to go to enjoy a day sometimes. It is not easy to be pregnant. I know that now from watching your mom as she hurts and aches and pees 1000 times a day at a moments notice. But it is really great to also watch as the curse of the fall reminds me of how different life would be if we were not able to endure sufferings and come through difficulties. In pregnancy it seems to be very real to me for the first time in a while. I can see that Karen is growing, physically, but also spiritually as she can identify with a level of selflessness I have yet to experience. I think that I will soon learn more about the unconditional love she is experiencing some of now. I can honestly say that I will love you and right now am trying to understand how to love your mother better so that I can be a great husband, dad and leader in our home. (So if all you black tie followers want to pray for that as well as a healthy delivery I am certain that Karen and I would both really appreciate it more that you could know.)

This week we are praying for PATIENCE:
PATIENCE is a virtue. Funny that virtues are noble to strive for but by definition not something easy to attain, yet they are worth the endeavor. PATIENCE can be between one person and another in situations that life brings to us, or our response to the Lord's acting on our behalf. He is always moving us toward the greater goal of glorifying Him, but it is not fast or easy. PATIENCE is the leveling of the field between all men. No one gets everything they want. Those that have the PATIENCE to wait for the provision of God are satisfied no matter the getting. Those that do not have PATIENCE are never satisfied no matter the frequency or quantity of getting. We are both trying to work on this as we pray it over you little one.

Romans 5:3-5 "More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us."

This verse show the importance and inevitability of PATIENCE. We all have to be PATIENT, when we walk it out by the Spirit the result is an unashamed and full heart for God. And always know that the promise of suffering ends well and prospers us. Sometimes that ultimate reality is not realized in this life, but as with Jesus, in death we are united with the LORD and become fully glorified.

Colossians 3:12-13 "Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness and PATIENCE, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; As the LORD has forgiven you, so you must also forgive."

Colossians helps us see as a group of believers struggling together the unique way in which we can model Christ to others. The PATIENCE we must have for one another will lead to restored relationships and forgiveness. This is truly a blessing from the Lord, for whenever more than one sinner is in a room conflict is inevitable! People will test and try you, there is no doubt about that... but may your heart not fall to judgment, anger or strife....
but may you joyfully look for the opportunities to exercise the PATIENCE the Holy Spirit gives you.

Comments

Unknown said…
BJ
Great to read your thoughts, and I have such joy and thankfulness to the Lord for this amazing blessing! Congratulations to you and your very beautiful wife! Karen, I found your blog through BJ's Facebook and have enjoyed the posts I've read! I think it's so neat you're chronicling this journey. It's inspiring and encouraging to read. Your joyful attitude and sweet personality--well, from what I can tell through this cyber introduction;)--really come through. How exciting for y'all!

Erin

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020