Tripp :: Three Months Old

Buddy... here we are again, another wonderful month gone by with you in our family! Holy moly, for the rest of my life I will be a broken record, but time goes by TOO fast. It seems like moments ago you were born.... moments.... and yet, you are growing into the sweetest, bubbliest little thing. This past month with you was SO much fun, we made some amazing memories, had some great changes and more than anything else... we fell even more in love with you (if that is even possible!). You are a toot who LOVES your momma, and well I know I wouldn't have it any other way.

*We went to the doctor for your 2 month checkup a little bit late so that you and Eleanor could be on the same schedule... so, you 2.5 month stats were 12.1lbs (50%), 24.25in (90%) and 38.8 (25%).... so basically, you are REALLY tall! I could have told you that... you are so much bigger to me than Eleanor was at this stage - quite frankly, I am not sure she ever saw the 50%! Good job, booger bean!
*You are wearing 3-6 month size clothes... in fact, the outfit in your picture this month is 6m! I know it it just because of your length, but that is CRAZY to me... I mean, Eleanor can still wear 6m clothes, too!
*You are wearing size 1 diapers, but I think we are about to transition to 2s.
*You wake up most mornings anytime between 6:30 - 7:30am to eat, you and I have some time together until about 8:15am when you nap, up to eat at 9:45am, 12:15pm, 2:30pm, 5:15pm, 7:45pm, 9:45pm.... your feedings are really close together during the day, BUT seeing as you are SNOOZING by 10pm, we are just fine with that!!
*We haven't really fallen into a full blown nap schedule yet, so really we are just continuing the eat, wake, sleep cycle.... I am ready for a consistent nap schedule, but I am also so tentative to try to keep you awake, you love your little cat naps :). It will happen soon, surely.....
*You are still in Momma and Daddy's room... oops. I don't know what my deal is, other than we just finished your nursery. I just don't want you to leave our room yet, I LOVE having you near. I guess it just feels like once you go to your own room that the "newborn" phase really is over (sad day).
*You do NOT like bottles... we just started trying to get you to take them this week (again, oops!) and you just are NOT having it. The only time we really get you to drink the entire thing is the very first feeding of the day when you are hungry! You also will not take a paci, really?!
*You love to blow bubbles, make noises that sound like you are saying "choo-choo", smile at your sister with your big dimple, flirt with your momma and look at your lights and toys on the little gym thing. You haven't rolled over, but can get on your side if you want to...
*You can hold you head up (fairly well)... enough to sit in the bumbo for about 2-3 minutes!
*This month, some of Momma's dearest friends hosted a "sip and see" for you... my little valentine, it was such a sweet day to celebrate you. You are loved so well by our friends and family, so well.
*Your cousin Charles Reed Gross was born on February 18.... I have a feeling that you two boys are going to give us a run for our money. And I can't wait.
 *Seriously, you are growing like a weed... it seems like if someone goes one day without seeing you, they go crazy when they see you again... I bet you have already gained another pound or two since our doctor appointment.
*You are loving yourself your swing... we REALLY need to transition to your crib, but boyfriend you LOVE that swing and nap in it so well and just get a little big moody when we try to break that stride. You literally don't go to a bed until 10pm. This is not good.
*You are such a boy - it seems like every time we pick you up you burp or toot.... every time you eat you go to the bathroom... and it is loud. We have definitely laughed quite a bit at your expense, sorry buddy.
*When you cry (which is truly NEVER, mainly when you have trapped gas or we are trying to give you a bottle) your bottom lip comes out further than you can imagine - it pouts and quivers and it makes your crying fit the cutest thing that you never want to see end, just wish there was a mute button.
*Your hair is getting a little bit longer on the top and it is WHITE - and your eyes are so blue they are almost teal.
Tripper boy, how did we ever get along without you? You add indescribable amounts of joy to our family and meaning to our days. We LOVE every inch of you.... your precious countenance just melts my heart. You really are Momma's newest heartthrob, Daddy's best bud and Eleanor's most prized possession... you are a lover... you love to be snuggled, cuddled, talked or sang to... please never change that. It is so so precious. We thank God EVERY DAY for YOU, He has blessed us so with you... you make our hearts so very very glad. While I can't help but always be a sentimental wreck with every passing milestone, I really can't wait to see the little boy you grow to be. We love you, buddy. so. much.

Comments

Elizabeth said…
What a beautiful, sweet, precious little boy. It really is crazy how fast 3 months has gone. I love you and your sweet little ones.

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020