15 weeks...

So, I have become a blog stalker over this past year... it is just so easy to get onto trails from friend's blog lists until all of the sudden you are committed to reading a complete strangers musings daily. Creepy, I know.

Regardless, one of my very favorite blogs that I started to follow actually did a spot on a family friend of mine (the blogger's sister-in-law) throughout her pregnancy... she took weekly pictures and both parents would write a letter / our thoughts to the baby / about the baby until she was born. I found myself crying every time I read what they would write and so anxious to see her weekly pictures...

I am not going to be as fancy as what they did, but I do really love the idea of charting my body's changes, my emotional experience and prayers from beginning to birth... so go ahead and call me a copycat!

15 Weeks


Whether it is noticeable to anyone else but me (I know BJ notices but he is nice and acts like I look the same), my body has changed so much in the last week. My stomach muscles were so tight and slightly cramped that most of my week was uncomfortable and I was just sure I was going to pop.... sure enough, this Saturday evening it happened (BJ confirmed)! I can no longer suck in... now, I am not rushing out to buy maternity clothes, but I definitely have a hard, rounded stomach that confirms baby Rector is growing!! We are celebrating the fact that he is the size of an apple (slice or full we are not sure?!?!) and that her heart is pumping, ears are beginning to sense sound and kicks should be coming any day. Thank you Jesus for providing me this experience... we happily take the many trips to the ladies room during the night, the uneasiness of finding a comfortable position and my growing body... if all this means that there is a healthy baby growing inside of me, I consider it a GREAT JOY!

Comments

mom and dot said…
You are an oh so darling momma
Mel said…
welcome to the world of pregnancy Karen. I love the bit about the burgers.. I had that exact same thing happen. Hadnt had one in a decade then all the sudden it was Wendy's hamburgers for lunch! Justin was thrilled. I am sad to report though, that post pregnant, the burgers still sound good. Too bad, chicken is so much more healthy :) Enjoy every minute and every crazy feeling. There is nothing like it.
ummm...hot. seriously. ;)
Mindy Rives said…
OMG...YOU ARE HUGE!!!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020