Tripp :: Eleven Months Old

BooBoo..... eleven months old. Holy schmoly. This past month was really fun, buddy! I mean of course I want to lament how quickly it passed and how unbelievably bizarre it is to me that you will be, gulp, one year old next month.... but truly, this past month was just full of some really great memories and fun milestones. I think one thing I am loving more than anything is seeing how you and Eleanor are starting to play together... buddy, you love your big sister and pretty much follow her around, smile at her, pull her hair and laugh at her all day, every day. I am just cherishing the next few weeks to claim you as my baby.... not that you won't be my baby forever, but you are racing to become a toddler, racing!
You schedule is a little confusing. I feel like we are still trying to figure it out, eleven months later. Pretty much you are still waking up between 7-7:30 every morning... but you are really fighting the morning nap, really fighting the afternoon nap and then go down for bed between 7:30-8 every night. Some days, I am lucky if you sleep for an hour - seriously? Daddy and I were joking about this the other day, but if someone put ME in a sleepsack, a dark room and told me to sleep as long as I wanted... well, I am pretty sure I would sleep until the next day. Figure it out... naps are awesome.
I am still nursing you every morning right when you wake up and most nights before you go to bed. Other than that, you are still rocking the sippy cup throughout the day. At the beginning of the month, it was really hard for you to drink more than about 8oz other than nursing.... lately, you are hammering down about two 8oz cups during the day. Nursing days are coming to an end......
Food - boy, you LOVE it. You eat circles around Eleanor - breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks all day... the only thing that is getting frustrating is that you are OVER being spoon-fed. So we either give you squeezies or you eat with your hands. Period. You love all fruits, most veggies, turkey, cheese, pizza, lasagna... and honestly, I can't think of anything else right now but you like it all.
You are wearing size 9-12 month clothes, size 3 shoes (when you wear shoes) and size 4 diapers.
Little boy, YOU are really trying to walk. You pull up on everything, especially us, and can let go and stand up (for a few seconds) on your own! You are walking while holding our hands, and would rather do the one-handed walk than anything else! You love being up on your feet so much that you typically stiff-leg us when we try to set you down...
You LOVE to wave - it is so cute because you are waving to others but pointing to yourself. When they wave back or smile at you, you typically get a big smile and bury your head in my chest. I love my shy guy.
You are saying Dadda and Dot-Dot. I am pretty sure you know what both of these words mean, but you only say those two words.... boo!
I have had to put you into "timeout" a few times and it is HILARIOUS. I have to do it because you are a little rough when you play with Eleanor, and well, since we punish her for doing the same things, we have to "punish" you... I mean, she is watching! So we typically head to the timeout chair and you just laugh and giggle.... and so do I. It is so ridiculous!
You pull hair WAY to much - you have successfully pulled out clumps from mine and Eleanor's head (read: timeout). You slap, bite and squeeze too hard.... but I think what I love about all of this most is that you are trying to interact. Like when you slap, you are trying to play... when you bite, you are trying to kiss and when you squeeze too hard it is typically around my neck. I will take it.
When you cry, your whole face cries. It really has since you were a newborn, but I have just really, really grown to love it. I mean, that bottom lip turns and quivers, your eyes melt and you let it all out. I mean, it is so pathetically cute.
Naps are definitely still not your strong suit, but I am over complaining about it. At this point, it just is what it is. 10 minutes or 1.5 hours.... I just take what I can get :).
You love to clap - and have just started dancing to music too. I use the term dancing, loosely.... but you stand up and kind of bounce up and down... or if you are sitting and music comes on, you will clap and kick your feet. Either way, you got rhythm boy.
We took you to Sea World a few weeks ago (a full blog post on that to come!) and boy, I knew Eleanor would like it but I never dreamed how much you would LOVE it. You missed all your naps, it was a hot and long day, but YOU could not get enough. You screamed and clapped and jumped up and down on our laps at the sea lion and shamu shows like it was your job. People in the stands around us were watching (and listening) to you more than the show..... I mean, just awesome! I can't wait to do that again!!
You love playing peek-a-boo, giving high fives and being tickled. You belly laugh and it makes us belly laugh..... you love it when Daddy and you wrestle and it can bring tears to my eyes just knowing how much joy you are having in those moments.
Tripper boy, I really can't get enough of these moments. You have a little cold right now and you have been so incredibly needy the last few days.... it is wearing and tiring and frustrating.... but it is my joy. I am thankful for all the days that I have with you.... good, bad and ugly... they are a gift. You are just the greatest little boy we have ever known and completely rejoice in the Lord for Him allowing us to raise you. As we embark into the last month of your first year of life, this seriously sentimental Momma has butterflies and a few tears knowing that my baby boy is growing up. Thank you Jesus, for our healthy baby boy. We love you, boo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020