Tripp :: Nine Months Old

Baby boy, this update comes about four days late due to Momma not feeling very good and just an overall inability to just get it together. Having to write Eleanor's two-year post just really through me for a loop.... I know it will be that way with you here really quick because we are 3/4 of the way to your first birthday!! Holy moly! Buddy, we had another okay month.... don't get me wrong, days with you are just the best... but there are a few things that just need to get under control. Regardless, I have never met a sweeter snuggle bug in my entire life. You have got to be the world's sweetest boy... just so genuinely nice and easy-going (kind-of). Tripper, you are awesome.... every day that we get to know you more we are just that much more excited to see the boy you are growing to be. So many exciting things happened this month, too!
 *You weigh about 18lbs.... to us, you are a chunker.... but that is relative to your "big" sister. Other than height, I feel like you aren't too far off from catching her. Holding you is actually heavier feeling that when I hold her, but that is because her weight is distributed over a lot taller of a body. You have rolls and chunky thighs and a fluffy tummy.... its awesome!!
*You still wear anything from 6-12 month clothes and size 3 diapers. Quite frankly, all of your pictures are starting to look quite similar because you are in the same outfits that you have been for a while. I chalk that up to a couple of things: boy clothes are not easy to shop for (at least for this momma) and so I stick with what I like, you are growing out but not so much in height that you are out of anything, yet. I feel like I am always on the lookout for more clothes for you, but this picky momma is having a hard time with boy's "fashion". I like everything pretty simple... stripes or solids for me.
*You are still just NOT the best napper.... goodness knows it is a great thing you sleep from 7:45pm - 7:00am or this momma would go crazy. Somedays you will take about an hour nap in the morning and another in the afternoon.... more often, I feel like I am fighting a bulldog getting you to nap. You would rather cry in your crib the entire time than sleep for just a moment. Funny though, because I pull you out and you will rub your eyes and yawn over and over..... so, Tripper, figure it out :).
*Your schedule is up at 7am to nurse, nap at 9:15, nurse at 11:15 and lunch, nap at 1:15, nurse at 3, dinner at 6, nurse at 7pm and bed by 7:45pm. It is routine as can be.... give or take you actually sleeping during your naps.

*You are still teething about 4 teeth... come on, pearly whites, we are ready to see you! You have your two bottom teeth, but we are waiting on the top 4 to stop causing you pain.... unfortunately, this month Advil and Tylenol have been dear friends.
*We have had a few ear infection scares, but that is just it.... they were just scares! These teeth must be real rough, because they give you the same symptoms of your ear infections....
*You are officially a CRAWLER!! It is the army crawl (not up on all 4s all of the time) kind of crawl, but you know what you want.... you go get it, and fast! You and Eleanor are having a ball cleaning my floors with your tummies (lovely).
*You can also get from laying on your tummy to sitting up, pretty quick. You love doing this and then clapping for yourself... of course, we are clapping really loud too. You are turning to quite the little performer, too. You sit up from laying down multiple times a day, now.... and then clap.
*You also learned to wave!!! It is hilarious because it isn't much of a motion wave, but you basically raise your arm as if to say "What up, bud?" when someone talks to you, walks into the room or waves to you.... it is pretty, stinking cute.  (and I am pretty sure you know it).
*You LOVE to eat. I mean LOVE it. You are kind of over baby food, though.... you will devour squeezies, but just get a little too impatient if momma is feeding you with a spoon. You love all fruits, veggies, mum-mums, puffs, graham crackers and we have tried chicken, once. You didn't spit it out, but you weren't begging for more, either. You currently LOVE when we put bananas in those mesh bag thingys.... you make a mess, but you eat it up!

*You are a MOMMA'S BOY. And I am not kidding, you are my favorite boy in the world, but buddy.... hold the phone. I am not going anywhere.... and it is nice to take a shower, go to the bathroom, put on clothes, make a cup of coffee, etc... WITHOUT holding you. I know one day I will want nothing more than for you to hug me and let me hold you, but for now, this momma needs a break..... I literally have to hold you about 75% of the day. Most days, not even Daddy will satisfy. And a stranger, much less grandparents, no way. Tripper, figure.it.out.
*You still will not take a bottle, but who am I kidding, we are done trying. We did, however, start offering you sippy cups and you will actually drink SOME milk from them!!!! So, here is to hoping we can smoothly transition you there in the next month (or 3) so that weaning won't be just the most horrific experience of both our lives. I am SO ready.

*You have the cutest, burliest little laugh that can be spurred on by your ticklish little self or anything Eleanor says. Love hearing your laugh.... still waiting on some sweet words from you... so far all we have heard is a "Ooohh" or "Duuuu".  Profound, I say!
*We put you in the little pool at Eleanor's birthday party and you LOVED yourself some splash time. I am pretty sure you are going to be a water baby, just like her. Bath time is one of your favorites, for sure.... meaning our kitchen is often dripping wet.
*You have started to pull up on things, but you don't last long. Luckily we are typically pretty close by to catch you... but we just know sooner than later you will be up and in everyone's business.

*You are OBSESSED with shoes. I mean, it is pretty gross.... but you definitely have a shoe-dar. If you are quiet for even a minute you can pretty much guarantee it is because you have found yourself someone's shoe to chew on. EWWW.
*Your hair is growing in like crazy... it is almost see-through white and has ridiculous volume. Like, I have to lotion it to get it to look semi-decent. Otherwise, WAY too much volume.

*Your cheeks are officially the most kissable in the country. You love to kiss too, but you are quite the open-mouth attacker.
*Along with your clapping, you love to give high fives!

*So this one makes no sense, but you are kind of on a nursing strike... explain yourself, Tripper. You won't take a bottle, but you don't want to nurse, right? Sounds normal. It literally takes about 45 minutes for you to eat about 20 minutes off milk because you squirm, sit up, whine, turn around, etc.... so much. Stop it :).
Sure, Momma's tired and needs a break. Sure, I wish you took a bottle or cup so I wouldn't be attached to you like I am. Sure, there are days I wish you would nap so that I could have even an hour, or so, to myself. But buddy... YOU are worth not having all of those sures..... you are my favorite little boy in the entire world. Snuggling you is my favorite.... I could (and do) hold you all the time.... I LOVE YOU and just cherish every little quirk about you. When you cry and your little bottom lip pouts out as if nothing matters anymore, well, my heart swells even more in love with you. You are ridiculous, you are adorable, you are BEAUTIFUL, you are special, you are LOVED, you are cherished, you are a blessing and I celebrate these nine months we've shared with you.... Tripper boy, sweetest boy there is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020