Tripp :: Eight Months Old

I have SO much to write about.... so many things in our world I just don't want to forget. I said the same thing two months ago and yet here I am only able to get out my monthly post, again. BOO. Oh Tripper boy, or BooBoo Boy, you are simply the best thing since sliced bread. This eight months has just been so great having you in our family. Sure I hate that you don't take a bottle, sure I hate that you really don't care for napping very much.... but golly wolly, you are just our favorite little boy in the whole wild world. We are about to celebrate TWO years with Eleanor next week and I know that if I blink long enough all of the sudden you will be ONE. Buddy, you are awesome.
 This month was how do I say... ROUGH. You are just the happiest little guy on the planet, that is unless you have an ear ache. And you had yourself some ear aches... for the first time in my parenting life, I have now been up all night with a crying baby. And I am so sorry for the parents around the world that have babies that don't sleep... that was an AWFUL night and ended with us in the pediatric ER only to find out that you had fluid in your ears, again.
Your schedule is up at 7-7:30am, nap from 9:15-10:30am, nurse at 11 followed by solids, nap from 1-2:45pm, nurse at 3pm, solids at 6pm, nurse at 7pm and bed by 7:45pm.... give or take a nap. You hate napping. You NEVER give us problems at bed time, but nap time... yikes.
You are going to eat us out of house and home... you can put down that baby food. But I am pretty sure you are getting bored and are ready for the real stuff. When we eat anything we basically have to hide it from you because you WILL reach for it.
You are still in 9-12 month clothes and size 3 diapers. You weigh about 17.5lbs.
You popped your first tooth!! Yay! You have been chewing on everything, drooling up a storm and again, the occasional crying fit so I was SO glad when I saw that pearly white!
You have learned to clap and you think you are hot stuff (you are) when you get going! You hit toys together, cheer for us whenever we exlaim "yay!"and are just the cutest thing ever.
You don't have any words yet, but you loves to exclaim "eegghhh" over and over and over. Imagine it long and drawn out, not like a cry but like a loud moan. You are trying to tell us something, but we cannot figure it out. Every time I try to teach you "mamamamamaa" or "dadadadda" you just laugh.
You have the best laugh in. the. world. You are so incredibly ticklish and we can get you going just with the "threat" of being tickled (all it takes is the big breath right before coming in for some smooches on your neck)... your laugh is deep, hearty and truly infectious... my favorite!
You love yourself some puffs... like, you hammer down a large handful pretty quickly and think they are the best. You eat mum-mums too and its food like this that is our saving grace at meal times or restaurants :).
You are a Momma's boy. Do I love it? Absolutely. Does it wear me out? Every day. Why? Because I literally cannot be in the same room with you without you crying to be in my arms. Even if you are playing with toys, you want to sit on my lap or not play at all. Buddy... get it together. Don't get me wrong, I hope you are always my boy, but Momma needs to make lunch or go to the bathroom ever once in awhile :). Please please don't read this when you are sixteen and not snuggle with my anymore. I wouldn't trade a minute... my arms just need a break today.
Luckily, you really haven't had any stranger danger yet... sure you prefer momma, but I can hand you off to anyone or to the church nursery and you are just fine!
Changing your diaper is no longer fun... it is more like wrestling. You have learned how to sit up on the changing pad and that is all you want to do - you are like a fish out of water and unless I give you a new toy every few moments I can't get a clean diaper on you!
You are officially a crawler roller! See something across the room that you have to have? No problem... you just roll over and over until you get there. We are working on the crawling thing, but most often it just turns into a crying fit. You'll get there.
You met your Mimi for the first time this month... and of course, you LOVED her. Unfortunately, the night that you didn't sleep a wink was at her house, but she still thinks you are the most wonderful, snuggly little guy. You got to meet a lot of our aunts, uncles and cousins and it was a great time.... you love your Mimi!
We also celebrated the fourth of July and had a great holiday... you were up like a champ until about 10pm on the night of fireworks (which we missed) and never missed a beat. Bad momma only got a picture of you and E wearing matching jammies.
You stand and pull up on me, you've pulled up on your crib (so we have already lowered it!) and love to jump on our laps. You can stand when holding on to the chair or our fingers, but haven't gone from sitting to standing on a chair or anything, yet!!
Although I hate when you cry, you make a pretty awesome cry face. Scrunched up and very over-dramatic. Its awesome.
We love you, we love you, we love you. The dimple on your right cheek and your contagious laugh makes my heart happy... I miss you when you are sleeping (except nap time, keep that up sucker) and I can't wait to have you running up and down our halls and being ALL boy. Seriously, you are awesome. We praise our Heavenly Father for you EVERY.DAY. and pray that this tender hearted, lover boy truly becomes a leader of men. Happy 8 month, boo boo.

Comments

Elizabeth said…
Oh my gosh, Karen! He is so darn cute! So many similarities with his and Larkin's personalities- maybe just being boys...such a cutie!
Elizabeth said…
Oh my gosh Karen! He is just so cute! So many similarities with his and Larkin's personalities! Maybe just being boys... he is such a sweetheart :)

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020