Tripp :: Five Months Old

Tripper Boy... another month gone by, and here I am to say that I just don't think we will ever understand how time flies SO fast. When I think back to your birthday, it literally feels like it was weeks ago, not months... like, I keep accidentally telling people that I just had a baby. Um, no I didn't. You are FIVE months old!! And seriously boy, you just get better with age.
You continue to have the most amazing countenance.... not much really ruffles your feathers. You are generally the most quiet, sweet, cuddly little fella. In fact, it is rare that we see you cry (is it bad to say that we kind of like it? you make the best, most dramatic cry face ever).
At your 4 month check-up, you were 14.7lbs (45%), 26.25 tall (90%) and your head was 42.2cm (49%).... unfortunately, on your 5 month birthday we had to go to the doctor for your second ear infection, but we found out that you now weigh 15.3lbs! You weigh more than Eleanor weighed at 10 months old!!
This past month we really continued cracking down on your schedule... and I can honestly say that it is WONDERFUL now! You have done such a great job and it is like clock-work... you wake up every morning at 7:15am and you go to bed every night at 8pm. You eat at 7:15, 10:30, 1:15, 4:30, 7:15 and then we still dream feed you at 10:15. I think we may drop this feeding (tonight actually) because you really don't even eat but for about 2-3 minutes. You nap from 9-10:15, 12-1:15 and 3-4:30... you have pretty much dropped your little catnap around 6:45pm. 
You love your crib, at night. During the day.... yikes! Some days you will just NOT have it, and I have learned that it is not worth the fight seeing as you will sleep perfectly in the swing. So, some days you nap in the swing and some days you nap in your room. You always go down for bed in your crib right at 8pm and we rarely hear a fuss about it :). 
You are wearing size 6-12 month clothes (mainly 9 months) and are in size 3 diapers. Eleanor is in the exact same size clothes and diapers as you!
You haven't started table food yet, but I think we are going to start it this week.... I talked to our pediatrician and seeing as you literally stare down my food, you are gaining weight so well and sleeping so great, we decided to go ahead and get you eating!
You are back on a bottle strike. Little boy, you are killing me. You literally only took a bottle about 3-4 times (apparently I rejoiced in our success a little too early) but have now decided that bottles are NOT for you. Guess what? Sippy cups will be then.... because this Momma is not giving up. But you are driving me nuts. 
You still haven't decided to roll over on your own yet... you love hanging out on your side, almost flipping completely over but then going back to your back. You'll get there...
 You do, however, love to practice sitting up. You definitely cannot sit up on your own, but you love holding our hands and sitting for a good while until you decide to slowly melt forward.
This month, you celebrated your first Easter.... it was a great day spent with family and friends - sure it rained most of the day and you really didn't care about eggs, but you had fun. I promise.
We also had just a grand old time hiding from impending tornadoes a few weeks ago.... it is a memory I will never forget. You, Eleanor, Dot-Dot, Aunt Katie and me all huddled in our coat closet and hallway... the power went out, hail broke through the skylights and continued to crash on our floor, the house sounded like the roof was about to cave in and you slept through the whole thing in your carseat. 
I am loving the fact that you have more "wake" time during the day now.... you love playing on your mat, in your exersaucer, going on walks, singing songs with Eleanor and sitting in the bumbo watching the action.  
You absolutely LOVE getting your diaper or clothes changed... you literally laugh OUT LOUD the entire time like you are being tickled.... it is precious!
I am NOT getting my hopes up on teething, but I have seen a lot of drool coming out of your mouth lately and maybe, just maybe, we will see a tooth in the next month or so?
 Despite our valiant attempts at getting rid of it, you are rocking some awesome "cradle cap"... ewww. We are now using Olive Oil on your head in the bath to hopefully get rid of this monster quickly. You still love yourself some bath time.
You have found your voice! Not the little "coos" we used to hear, no sweet bug, you love to shout.... it often sounds like a loud grunt accompanied by some "coos"... they are so loud and pronounced that Eleanor has started to mimic it by letting out her own shrieks. Yikes!
You typically blow out of your diaper at least 4-5 times a week... and sometimes more than once in a day. Its ridiculous and I feel like you wait to do it until when I get you dressed in a new outfit.
Eleanor is your best friend... I mean seriously, you two LOVE each other so so so much. She brightens your eyes and makes you smile and laugh more than daddy and I combined.... and you do the same for her. She loves her "Tripper Boy" and you are the first person she asks about every morning. You love when she hugs, kisses, tickles and plays with your feet.
You have started to really respond to people (Momma, Daddy and strangers) that talk to you... you get a huge smile with some big dimples, laugh and squirm, and then often bury your head like you are shy. I. LOVE. IT.
You love to play peek-a-boo... your favorite is when we hide behind your feet. You let out the biggest laugh like you were completely shocked we were actually behind them!
You have really started to notice the TV lately... I am sure it is because in the morning Eleanor will watch Mickey Mouse.... well, I am pretty sure you like to watch it too. It is hard to keep your attention if you hear it.
You still don't mind tummy time... you will hang out there for about 5-10 minutes, but then once you figure out that you still can't roll over you decide you are done. And you make sure to let us know.
Your nicknames are still Tripper Boy, Good Boy, Little Boy, Buddy and Bug.. but you officially know your name. We call for Tripp and you look to whomever called you by name! YES!
 
Buddy, you are my favorite little boy in the whole world. I love snuggling you, I love your bottom lip quiver when you are lonely or sad, I love your snorting laugh when you get going, I love your smooth tummy and thick thighs, I love your aqua blue eyes, I love when you wrap your arms around my neck.... there is just nothing better than sweet baby Tripp. You are an answered prayer, a precious gift and you make us so proud. Praying for you, your sweet soul and for time... I just want time with you and Eleanor... thank you Lord for these past 5 months, they have been a gift!

Comments

He is so so cute Karen! Can't believe how big he has gotten. And I can never get over how much Eleanor looks like you! Love and miss you!

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020