Things I Just Can't Forget

Eleanor, I just wish I had a constant video camera on you all day... I get choked up when I think about the day when (or if) I forget little things you are saying and doing now. You are 19 months today and just blow our minds. You have become the most vivacious, beautiful, temperamental, feisty, happy and funny little lady... there isn't a day, mind you a few hours, that go by that you don't do something new, hilarious, charming or just plain ridiculous. A few things I can't forget....
*You love to sing the "1-2-3" song to Tripp while moving his feet.

*You can sing your "ABCs", but it goes like this: "abcdefg...lmnop..uvwx...z, now I know my ABC, nes time won you seen wiff me".
*You can sing "happy birthday"... and the other day Katie turned 28. When Dot-Dot walked in with the cake, you immediately exclaimed "Happy Birthday?!?!!!" without anyone telling you. You love yourself some cake, girlfriend.
 *You sing "Happy, Know it... Clap clap" just like that. But love it when others sing it for you.
*Every time Momma, Daddy or Tripp sneezes, you say "Bless you, Tripp"... sometimes when you sneeze, you say "Bless you, Eleanor".

*You say the FUNNIEST things.... and use them correctly in context. This obviously means that you are listening to EVERYTHING we say, yikes. Our favorite is your use of "oh my gosh"... you say it when you are pleasantly surprised or shocked (like when Dot Dot got you a new pair of shoes, that was your reaction. You say it slow and with feeling, and it is HILARIOUS. We often call you repeat, because you seriously just repeat over and over the things that you hear. When we call you repeat, you always say back "wepeat."

*You are SO polite. You have started to "excuse yourself"... when you toot or potty, you say "cuse me, please"... sometimes you fake burp and say "cuse me, please" just to get a laugh.... it's pretty funny so I don't blame you.You also always say "tank you" whenever we give you a snack, your milk or wash your hands.... you love to help me putting clothes from the washer in the dryer and every time I hand you something you always say thank you. In this cute, precious little voice of yours... kills me.
*You can open a locked iPhone or iPad and get to whatever application you prefer... seriously, music, pictures or a game. You love looking at pictures or videos of yourself. You constantly ask for "more pittures?!"

*Once daddy tried giving you orange juice from a regular cup, you stole the cup from his hand and tilted it high like a sippy cup... daddy asked momma to bring him paper towels because juice was everywhere.... "Juice (or insert whatever) errwhere" is now your favorite go to phrase when something spills, falls or if there is a general mess. You literally say it about 3 times a day.
 
*You have started to watch a little TV... your favorite is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (aka... "Miska!")... every morning you ask for milk, a "seeral" (cereal) bar and "Miska!"... when it comes on, you clinch your fists, shake your head and scream with joy. Every. time.... then you talk along with the characters asking for "toodles" or for the "hot dog" song.
*You HATE eating. It stresses us out to no end. At your 18 month doctor appointment you weighed 19lbs even (3%). You have 6 teeth... 4 on top, 2 on the bottom.

*You have just transitioned to one nap a day, normally from 12:45 - 3:30pm... give or take an hour, yes, an hour.
*You have become quite the Momma's girl.... always asking for "Momma's lap" or "kisses?" or repeating over and over "Hi Mommy" (all while about one inch from my face). I'll take it.
*You really love to sing. You will sit and play, read, do a puzzle, stack blocks and be singing the entire time. If momma or daddy join in, you always ask for more once the song is over. Your current favorites are "This little light of mine", "If your happy and you know it", "Itsy-bitsy Spider" and some songs that we have made up about you and Tripper.
*Whenever you sit a table, you ALWAYS ask to "Pray?!!". You love praying at mealtimes and ask to pray over and over... hilarious. Every night when we put you to bed, you say your prayers... "Thank you, Jesus. Amen" Talk about melting your heart.
*You love to wash your hands, you love to take baths and you hate to have your diaper changed. I think you are really close to potty training, because you hold yourself when you pee and say excuse me when you do the other :).
 *You love to stack blocks with Daddy and then "Knock it donnnn!!!"
*You love putting blankets over your head, your hair in your face or "hiding" behind your hands and asking everyone "Where Eleanor go?!"

*Sometimes you will randomly pick up your milk, snack, a toy or really anything and just start waving and saying "bye" over and over as you leave the room. Once we say "bye" or "see later" back to you, you actually leave the room.

I am going to have to keep adding to this, because I can't think of anything else right now... but you are unreal. We love you, little lady. I was looking back at younger pictures of you earlier today and couldn't help it as my eyes welled up with tears... my how you have grown. Hands down, the best 19 months of our lives.... Having you in our family is teaching us so much... it is quite sanctifying have you near. Thank you Lord for the constant reminder of your grace, your unconditional love and your joy over your children.....

Comments

The Joiners said…
I promise I don't say this about all little ones, but she is seriously so adorable!! (And Tripp, too, but I just wanted to give her the glory for a minute:)

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020