Tripp's Hospital Stay and Coming Home

Following Tripp's birth, we realized what a great blessing it was that he was born on a holiday weekend.... friends and family were able to come and visit, but it was a little more spread out than when we had Eleanor and everyone had to get their visit in on Sunday before the work week started. Seeing how tired we were, it was really nice to have a slow and steady pace of visitors throughout the weekend and not a mad rush! (I hate that I didn't get pictures of everyone.... thank you to the many more that came, we love you!!)....
 
Our swollen little bug the next morning....
Pamie came to visit her first grandson.....
Dot Dot and Grandpa Mike with their two Grandbabies....
Like Eleanor's pink poodle rocker, our amazing friend Junior brought this precious rocking horse and flower arrangement up to the hospital the night Tripp was born.... so darling!!
The Rives family.....
 We LOVE our hospital - seriously, I was looking forward to my stay just as much as giving birth... I just had the fondest memories of my time their with Eleanor and the second time around did NOT disappoint! We just had the BEST nurses for both Tripp and myself - and because it was a holiday weekend, again, there was just a different spirit around the halls... all the staff was truly so friendly and accommodating. There is just something about waking up in the hospital (post-partum) to your breakfast, your OBGYN, your pediatrician and nurses all making their rounds to check on you. Call me crazy, but I love it.

My best friend from high school, Julia, and her daughter Grace came to hold and love on Tripp!
My college besties (minus Gillean) were all in town for the weekend... such a special visit and time to catch up with these girls!!
Our small group (minus the Gamblins and Litzners) made the visit on Sunday evening... BJ loved this visit best because he had the opportunity to fulfill an apparent dream of his - smoking cigars with buddies outside in celebration!
Every night I would send Tripp to the nursery for the first stretch of sleep... so I sent him about 9:30pm until the nurses would bring him back to eat.... well, little pooper is a SLEEPER just like his sister! Every night we were there they would bring him back around midnight and he would refuse to wake up or eat... but would eat around 2am, instead. Once they brought him in though, Momma was hooked and he slept with me all snuggled on my chest... my very favorite thing in the entire world. Crazy fact I don't want to forget, Tripp slept from 2am - 9am his first night without ever waking up (although we tried to wake and feed him about every 2 hours)... the next night it was 2am - 7am... little boy loves his sleep, good boy!

Cari kept up the tradition and brought Tripp his very first fast food toy.... a Batman figurine. He loves it!
Aunt Katie and her roommate, Ashley came to love our little man too....
I was originally intending to stay at the hospital until Tuesday, but we have this little girl Eleanor who we missed like CRAZY - and because Tripp is such an amazing little baby and because I actually was doing better than expected, they let us go home on Monday afternoon! Never have I been so excited to pack up and head home to our new reality! 
 
Tripp looked absolutely precious in his going home outfit from Mindy, Josh, Lucy Kate and Raedean.... I just love "kissy kissy" and Eleanor has the same outfit in pink, so of course the sentimental me just loves it to pieces!
 
We got home around 2pm, just enough time for Eleanor to play with "bubba" until she went to nap. Again, she was still really excited about him at this point because she still hadn't figured out he was here to stay.... so we settled in, unpacked the car, squeezed our baby girl and welcomed Tripp HOME.
We LOVE having you here, buddy. Having you in our home only adds more joy and meaning to our days!

Comments

Kim said…
Love, love, love! I am kind of living vicariously through you right now! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020