26 Weeks

*SOOOOO.... ashamed to admit there is not picture this week. BR #2 - you are still JUST as important to Momma and Daddy... forgive our inability to get it together this week :).

BR #2, this week was a week of transitions.... good transitions, but nonetheless change still needs to be learned when your day to day looks different than it has. Momma has officially transitioned to staying at home.... I am not completely done with work yet (3 more weddings to go), but I do not have enough work to keep me busy at the office.... meaning, unless I am with a client in meetings or executing an event, I am home (working when Eleanor naps). This change has been a good transition for me, so that I don't just jump into to being a full time stay at home Momma when you arrive, but rather Eleanor and I will kind of have a system of sorts that we will be comfortable with by then. I am WELL aware that you will completely throw off that system, but as best prepared / rested / ready I can be, I plan to be. So this transition truly only serves as the beginning to the new road ahead.... and we are so excited!

I went to the doctor this week and we set your birthday!! Originally, we had planned on November 22nd, but now have pushed it back to the 25th. Momma is really excited about this.... honestly, because I didn't want to spend the holidays in the hospital. If things change and I do, please know that I will be super happy about it, but since I have a choice, we will enjoy Thanksgiving at home then check in first thing Friday morning to meet you by 10:00am. Surreal.

I spent the majority of my pregnancy with Eleanor praying over certain fruits of the Spirit to resonate in her life. I have revisited those prayers I wrote to her and of course am praying them over you... but I also want to pray something different, over my pregnancy with you, also over the both of you (and all of your future siblings too, prayerfully....). BR #2, we pray that you are Poor in spirit.... at first glance, hearing your parents pray this over you may seem quite harsh... merely because the world will tell you the definition of this would be someone who is an "Eeyore" if you will - poor, pitiful me who cannot ever catch a break.... this is NOT our prayer for you, at all. We pray that you will be Poor in spirit in that you recognize from an early age the depravity of man... your imperfection, your inability to offer anything of yourself to better your position, your innate disposal towards sin that unfortunately leaves you on a path towards destruction.... we pray that you are Poor in spirit so that you desire something to redeem, something to rescue, Someone who saves. We pray that you would find salvation in Jesus Christ, the ultimate lover of your soul who comes to seek and save those that are lost, those that are Poor in spirit. Once you recognize your position before Him, humble yourself at the foot of His cross and you immediately inherit all that God has to offer.... Eternal Life. Precious one, Momma and Daddy would find no greater joy than having you, and Eleanor, be our sisters (or brother!) in Christ... nothing we can do for you, decide for you or that you can ever do yourself.... it comes from a personal faith in the one, true God.... a prayer we strongly submit before our Lord that you believe with your whole heart for your whole life.

Matthew 5:3
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.


Isaiah 66:2 All these things my hand has made, and so all these things came to be, declares the LORD. But this is the one to whom I will look: he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020