22 Weeks

BR #2, it is H-O-T in Dallas.... like, not just "oh, it's August so it should be hot" but OH MY WORD I AM MELTING HOT! We have had over 30 days so far that the temperature has broken 100 degrees... and unfortunately, most days are closer to 110 than 100... yikes! Lucky you, it is only 98 degrees where you are :).... this week has me on an absolute ROLLER-COASTER of emotions... you see, your big sister celebrated her FIRST birthday!! This week last summer, Daddy and I experienced parenthood for the first time.... its like we blinked and she is 12 months old... emotional for us (especially Momma) for SO many reasons. Knowing you are inside (kicking and kicking!!) but soon you will be here, and again it will feel like I will blink and you will be 12 months old... you aren't even here yet and I am already mourning how quickly my sweet newborn will turn to a toddler.... Wow, these pregnancy hormones have me all over the place :).

Sweet one, days will fly by with you.... years (I am sure) will pass in what feels like an instant... and unfortunately you are most likely going to feel a pressure to grow up fast. Hind-sight is 20 / 20, they say.... and if I only knew then what I know now... and while adults told me this too, I wish I would have listened.... HOLD ON to your youth. It is FUN, it is FREE, it is FLEETING.... we pray that you and Eleanor (and your other siblings, Lord-willing) will enjoy being kids. Plain and simple... enjoy being kids. Don't be too "cool", don't desire to grow up too fast... that your dreams and make-believe and desire to PLAY stick around for a long time.... we pray that the Lord will protect your heart, your eyes, your mind from things that will try an deter your youth to a desire to grow up too fast.... we will do our best to protect you, encourage you and play with you.... but we pray that you would have a child-like spirit while you can... and a child-like FAITH forever... simply believing Jesus, because He IS. We love you, BR #2.

Comments

Elizabeth said…
Totally struggling with those same emotions as it seems Larkin is growing so fast. I've been praying for you, sorry we had to miss the bday, we heard it was so fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020