Eleanor comes HOME!

After 5 wonderful (but by the end, LONG) days in the hospital, it was time to bring our sweet Eleanor home! What an amazing experience it was to have the first few days of her life at Presbyterian... the nurses were amazing, the new room they put me in was wonderful, and Eleanor was able to meet so many of our close family and friends (we made everyone that came to visit her take a picture with her, but I figure I shouldn't broadcast everyone's faces on our blog... so they are just for her baby book!).

Our time in the hospital was so wonderful, in fact, that I can't wait to be back with another baby someday... it was just a perfect experience (even in light of a C-section!). Most of all, I think I enjoyed this more than anything....

Leaving our beloved hospital suite... it honestly was feeling quite a bit like our new home, so it was time.... and still having Eleanor as our child was a bit surreal, so we were anxious to get her to our house so that she became part of our world...
In the elevator on the way to the car... I just love this picture of her, so alert and so little! I am really bummed at BJ and I though... Eleanor was wearing the same outfit that I wore leaving the hospital (a pink, smocked bubble) and we were such paranoid parents that we forgot to take a picture of her not covered by blankets! She looked darling... and I am ALL about sentimental things like that, so I am really peeved at myself!
Daddy putting his baby girl in the car for the first time...
Taking a moment to breathe in the reality... "this is my baby girl!"...
The Rector family on our first road trip... HOMEWARD BOUND!!
I just love love love how Eleanor looks in her carseat... her cheeks are just too much for me... I love sitting in the back seat with her... and of course, this ride I was uber-paranoid of every other driver on the road...
HOME - and we immediately resumed my favorite thing in the world....YOU ARE HOME, ELEANOR!! We pray that you always feel safe, loved and secure within the walls of our house, and that home for you represents much more than shelter... we pray that all the days of our lives you know that HOME is wherever our family is. We pray that you love HOME as much as we love having you here. WELCOME HOME little girl, welcome home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020