25 Weeks...

This week we began construction on the nursery... I use that term only because of the demolition that needed to be done :). And when I use the word demolition, I am probably being overly dramatic (go figure). But regardless, when we moved into our new home your room was painted AQUAFRESH BLUE with a black zebra printed fabric on one wall, had a bit of an odd-sized fan and a rather large, black cabinet mounted to the wall (very high and very blunt!)... so needless to say, this all is changing. The zebra print has come down, the fan has come down, and thanks to Grandpa Rector... the black monstrosity has now come off of the wall!! This demolition did leave a few bruises, so we will be having an electrician, wall - texture person and painter here in the next few weeks!

I also had another appointment with the doctor, and you are doing great!!! That heartbeat is still strong as ever, and the doctor agrees that you are just going to be an active little monkey when you arrive, because your constant kicks and flips really never cease! The only unfortunate news from my appointment was that I am consuming too much FRUIT --- WHAT? I thought I was choosing a great option when I was craving something sweet... well apparently it is a great option, but I am eating about 3-4 times the recommending portions for each day: whoops.

*Say what? I look really peeved with BJ in these pictures and it is funny to me...

*And maybe here is why... no more early morning photos... still have my Ho Chi Minh eyes (That is a shout out to Lucy, and she won't even be reading this...)

This week, we are praying that the Holy Spirit would fill you with JOY. Not just happiness, that is fleeting and situational, but a true JOY that can only come from the Father. May you learn from an early age that JOY is not about you... not about the "good things" in your life, the victories, the accolades or even earthly treasures; not about how others make you feel or about what you do in this life... but that JOY is all about Jesus - having a new heart where He takes residence and where he can live through you, where the salvation He offers not only sustains your life but guides it, where regardless of what trials, failures, disappointments or blessings happen you remain steadfast in hope that He is above all and working in all! That is a JOY we pray you have marked by your life... that as others see you, befriend you and observe you they notice that you are different... because you have supernatural JOY.

Oh that this may be your testimony:
Psalm 16:8-11
"I have set the Lord always before me, because He is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. Therefore, my HEART IS GLAD, and my whole being REJOICES; my flesh also dwells secure. For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, or let your holy one see corruption. You make known to me the path of life, in your presence there is FULLNESS OF JOY; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."

And JOY goes even further... as TRUE JOY is found when our lives model Christ's. This isn't always easy, in fact it is often impossibly. But we pray that as the Lord continue to shape BJ and I here, that He would also shape you into a passionate servant of others. Seeing that BJ and I were both kamp counselors and in youth ministry for so long, we have a little acronym to help remind you where true JOY is found, in this very order:

J - Jesus First

O - Others Second

Y - Yourself Last

Guaranteed not easy, but we will also be praying this will be the pursuit of your life:
Matthew 20:25-28
"But Jesus called [His disciples] to Him and said, "You know that the rules of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. It shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be your slave, even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many."

A heart of JOY is a heart that serves out of LOVE - LOVE implanted in your heart by the residence of the Holy Spirit... Sweet baby, may you be JOYFUL all of the days of your life. If you only knew the JOY you have already brought to BJ and I... and to know this will pale in comparison to once me meet you face to face. We LOVE LOVE LOVE you...

Comments

Too much fruit?! That is the weirdest thing I have ever heard! You look adorable- And my, oh my, that is one cute shirt! ;)
Caroline said…
I love you, and am very excited that it looks like your little baby might be a gymnast already! Good thing I taught you all my beam routines back the day!
Unknown said…
um I laughed out loud at your comment about your morning eyes. HA!
Karen, I love that you just wrote about JOY! My dad used that same acronym at our wedding.
Jesus, Others, and Y'all :)
Miss your sweet face!
Bethany Habecker
Lynn said…
Bless the LORD and bless you & beej & the baby!! that was a great word & very encouraging!!baby rector has a head start and is already super blessed by being graced with you both as parents. The WORD has already been implanted in him/her and i believe will be walked out their whole life. GOD is so GOOD and it was wonderful to see you both Sunday. You are glowing quite beautifully. luv & shalom ~ aunt lynn

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020