21 Weeks...


We had a doctor's appointment this week, and it was definitely the most exciting one thus far!! Not only did the doctor say that everything looks great, we had our first sonogram (in about 3 months) that we could actually SEE our little Baby Rector!! Since we are not finding out what we are having, when we scheduled the sonogram it was just to make sure that the doctor could look and make sure that things were developing normally... well, it just so happened that the day we were there, Baby Rector's bottom was faced directly to the camera (hiding the sex) so we got to take a peak!! We heard the heartbeat (150 as always), saw the spine, all 4 chambers of the heart, 10 fingers and 10 toes... and that precious, smushed face!! The doctor then moved the baby a bit and was able to tell what it was, and when we weren't looking told us that everything looks absolutely perfect!

What a miracle you are, Baby Rector... we love you! We CANNOT wait to meet you in a few short months.. we are getting closer everyday and I know you will be here before we even know it... can't wait!

The only bad thing that happened this week was one evening while getting ready for bed, my feet literally began to swell and slowly became the size of a small walrus... it was the weirdest thing! But BJ propped up my feet, gave me ice cream, and the next morning they were back to normal!!

Strangers are finally starting to ask about you.... it is getting real!

Comments

Caroline said…
Yay Karen! I seriously can't believe it! I so love following how you are doing on here! I MISS YOU!
Kim said…
You are glowing and beautiful, mama! Can't wait for your little miracle to arrive! :)
Oh I do NOT miss the swelling! That part was no bueno. You look adorable! Can't wait to meet baby Rector. :)
You look absolutely beautiful!!! And I love that I can see that little bump!

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020