18 Weeks...

*One of these days, I will take the picture when it is not the end of the day... ha!

What a crazy, busy week it has been! Not only is the bump more defined, little "flutters" are happening pretty regularly - BJ even felt one! I am so thankful that I am feeling great - I am happy to report that all signs of morning (ALL DAY) sickness have completely subsided, and have only been replaced with fatigue by about 9:00pm... so, I am in bed most nights between 9:30-10:00pm, no lie. On the issue of clothes... well, I officially cannot button one pair of my jeans (my favorite pair)... and the rest, well, they "button" but it is definitely time to invest in the Bellyband.

This week was also so so so exciting for us as we prepare for Baby Rector... we closed on our first house! It is a very surreal feeling to know that we actually have a house that we get to bring our little pumpkin home to; we feel so blessed and humbled by the Lord's graciousness to us. Now, the fun really begins as we get to plan, dream and design the nursery. Many have asked what we are planning for the nursery since we are not finding out what we are having.... never fear, I am way to particular to NOT do a gender specific nursery! I received this idea from one of my dear friends and we are pumped about it: The doctor is putting the sex of the baby inside of sealed envelope that we are taking to the woman who will make all of the bedding / accessories for the nursery... she will be the ONLY person who knows what we are having! So, I am in the midst of picking out fabrics for a little girl and a little boy!! Once we deliver in the hospital, my mom and sister (or any friends who want to help) will go pick up the pieces and fill out the nursery! Crazy? No - FUN!

Lastly, my favorite new thing is every morning BJ talks to the baby... at first it started just as a joke because I couldn't sleep very well and he was making sure baby knew that daddy wanted mommy to sleep... now, he says good morning and I love you almost every day to my stomach... love it. And LOVE this baby....

For now, we are OFF TO HAWAII.... ALLLLLOOOOOOOHHHHHAAAAAAA!

Comments

Mindy Rives said…
Wish I could fit into your suitcase!
Lynn said…
have a wonderful, blessed time & just enjoy the LORD and each other every minute of every day! that's an order!
luv & shalom ~ aunt lynnie
Caroline said…
have an amazing trip karen! i am jealous! love and miss you!

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020