Weekly Lineup

Well, I have succumbed to peer pressure - that is right - everyone else jumped off the bridge and they are all yelling at me because I haven't yet.... so, I am officially jumping.... what does this mean? Well, if you follow this blog, it means that I will TRY to be more creative, timelier with posts, and well, more of a blogger...!

So in true blogger fashion, I thought I would share "What's on BJ and Karen's TV this week??" with you - and every week, for that matter: (drum roll, please)

Mondays - now this has become the toss up night - our normally scheduled programming includes:

1. The Bachelor - I have only missed 2 (yes, 2) seasons of this glorious, ridiculous show - and mind you, BJ likes it too! GO JILL!



2. Secret Life of an American Teenager - NO, unfortunately I am not kidding - I love this show. It is as horribly written and acted as 7th Heaven ever was, but for whatever reason, Beej and I have been hooked ever since that little freshman girl found out she was preggers (episode 1).



3. Jon and Kate, Plus 8 - call it exploitation, I call it awesome. I love those kids - and would gladly be their fulltime nanny - especially if it would help ease the tension between Kate and Jon. I pray that they make it, I pray that their testimony touches many unbelievers.... I pray that they don't discontinue the series.



Unfortunately, all of these shows are currently filming their new seasons, and none currently are on! So instead, Mondays are a mix of Ranger Games, Basketball playoff games, and SOMETIMES Dancing with the Stars (BJ is NOT, repeat NOT, on this bandwagon!) But I just love Juliana Hough (sp?) and her cutie boyfriend - I hope they win, get married, have lots of babies, and prove Hollywood romances wrong (i.e. that their's actually survives).



TUESDAYS - in all caps for SO many reasons - in my mind - one of the best nights of the week!! Why, you ask??? How dare you....

1. American Idol - if you don't vote to keep Kris Allen in this competition, you don't know music. Besides being a CUTIE PATUTIE - he is so good - definitely love him - and his darling new wife. BJ is more of an Adam Lambert fan, but I think this is only because I talk about Kris too much and he feels threatened (don't babe - I LOVE YOU, I just love "Kris" - who even is he? He is my American Idol - that is all.)



2. Biggest Loser - is it just me, or has this season been one of the best in a LONG time.... LOVE IT! BJ and I BOTH have cried in every single episode this season - call us pansies? I call us compassionate. Tara is a freaking beast (and is starting to bother me), Kristen was my favorite (she is home now, but will continue to rock it), and well, as annoying as Ron is, he needs this - BAD. I wish I could live for 1 week up at the ranch - but quite frankly, I don't think I would even get through the first 10 minutes of the "last-chance workout" - its more like "THERE'S NOT A CHANCE" workout for Karen.



Wednesdays - The next best thing....

1. American Idol - the Results - DUH. Never miss it, often fast forward through it just to get to the good stuff (meaning we definitely passed Miley Cyrus by a few weeks ago - just awful!).... I am normally watching this with BJ and 5-7 Senior girls.... we always scream, and BJ has been known to fast forward TOOO fast, giving the results away before we are mentally prepared (you will be missed, Anoop.)

2. LOST!! That is right - we are still going strong - now, we are 2 weeks behind, so NOBODY say anything! We love this show so much, and actually prefer to be behind the normal broadcast so that we can watch a few back to back.... Ben Linus gives me the creeps, and well, I have been in love with Jack since "Party of Five"... who hasn't?



Thursdays - crazy to admit, but BJ and I take a break from TV on Thursdays! When I say take a break, it just means that we aren't obsessed with staying on top of any shows that come on.... we still love The Office, but we are just fine with watching it on DVD - there are actually a few shows we prefer this way (another amazing show being, How I Met Your Mother (LOVE IT!!)).




And well, that pretty much wraps up the Rector time schedule - we are guilty of being couch potatoes - I admit it. But these networks have us hooked.... and the worst part is, my favorite 2 shows in the world aren't even on this list - but don't you worry - we NEVER miss them!!



If you don't watch SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE - YOU are missing out! It will begin this May 28th, and I strongly suggest you watch it - the most amazing show ever--- I cry almost every episode... yes, I am obsessed with dance, but even BJ loves it... the talent and creativity in the minds of choreographers and dancers is the most amazing thing in the world to me!!!



Lastly, Full House.... back off... nothing you could ever say will make me not watch this show. I own every season, and watch it faithfully on repeat.... I promise I can say every line in every episode (seasons 1-3)... Mary-Kate and Ashley are still my favorites in Hollywood, though I admit, it is Jodi Sweetin who makes me obsessed with everything Full House.... I know, how rude!

Blogger world: you have Mindy Rives, Lauren Cowling, Marina Simmons, Amanda Joiner and Alison Oliver to thank for this post, and the many that will follow - call it a guilt trip... I do.

Caroline - stay tuned - I'll get you and your precious diary back... you know, I had one too :)!

Comments

the blogivers said…
You blog, girl! T-5 minutes until The Biggest Loser comes on, so I gotta run...
Mindy Rives said…
Good gracious, you watch a lot of TV girl! I allow myself 30 minutes a week in front of the tube....
Jessica said…
We watch a lot of TV too! SYTYCD is our fav too!!
The Joiners said…
Way to go! Your tv line-up sounds a lot like ours, except I opt out of Lost when Brian watches it. I am just way too behind (aka: have only watched 1 episode ever), so the task of catching up seems too daunting. And yes, Tara is a beast. Happy blogging!
My husband loves to watch the Bachelor/Bachelorett with me too (no matter how much he pretends that it's all me!), and I am an avid Kris Allen fan!!

PS - don't worry about racking your brain to figure out if you know me...you don't...I stalked you from Allison's!!

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020