Just Mauied...

So... in the spirit of the final blog about our wedding - it is time we move on to more important things for the blogger world hear about - it is only fair that we share some of our amazing honeymoon! Us, and about 5 other honeymooning couples on AA Flight 6 on October 12, 2008, journey to the honeymoon capital of the world -- MAUI!! One of the things I regret most is not taking up Mindy's offer and bring along her legit camera - we really did a bad job at capturing the best vacation ever, but we'll remember....

It all started here - the most magical sendoff I could ever imagine for my wedding....



and there we go... off to start life together as Mr. and Mrs. William Rector...!

Dum Di Dum Dum....the next day (check out my awesome ratted hair)

We had to get up at 7am to catch our flight - note: this is NOT recommended for anyone getting married-- either leave after noon or the Monday... wow that was rough!


On-board AA Flight 6 direct to Maui!


BJ and I cruising to our hotel in our super-awesome Sebring convertible... before you mock, you must realize that 99.9% of Hawaiian tourist get this car - it was hi-la-ri-ous.

And this hottie is my husband.... O.M.G.


Just enjoying some of the rays out by the resorts pool... we stayed at the Westin Kaanapali - it was just beautiful and fabulous - THANK YOU BILL AND DONNA :)!


Off we go to explore the island of Maui - the day started early and look at how excited we were...


We are big fans of FEET pictures - a tradition started with my bestie, Mindy, in Europe!


Okay, so before you make fun of us for this picture I have to tell you the story. We are out exploring this really awesome natural park and the most cheesy honeymoon couple ever came up to us and were so touchy/kissy and asked us to take their picture.... this is what they took. They immediately turned to us and were all-to-excited to take the same picture of us. (BJ loves it).


BJ and I's favorite song... "Good News, Good News, I can't help it, its good news!" (I wrote it.)


This is Karen and BJ circa the end of the day - let's just say that Maui is winding and winding and winding - and well, I was fading fast.... I have NEVER been so carsick!


And here we are headed to the most expensive dinner we have ever eaten... and I am pretty sure it was worth every last penny... I even order a filet... come on people, that is a BIG deal. Best meal of the trip, no question! Once I remember the name of the restaurant, I will add it to my post :).


And here we are at the Feast at LeiLei - a great luau that was packed full of 7 courses, all you can drink, and hours of island dancing.... SO fun and we were at the front! Look how cute Beej is in his pink!


We started the luau off right - with a few Miami Vices - yum!


BJ's artsty side - I think this was taken just one day walking down the beach...


Exploring the other side of Maui - a MUCH less windy road! Honolua bay is famous for locals skipping work/school to surf - we took a few pictures here, but nothing worth posting...



Shopping downtown - stopping for happy hour - and checking out BJ's bottom....


One of our favorite pictures to take when we go to the beach - we are really into shadows?


Just another day at the beach.... :)


And here we are at the Grand Wailea - just taking pictures by the front waterfalls - again, I look back at these pictures and I am just furious at us that we didn't take more. We really did more than eat and drive Maui!

One of our very favorite things was snorkeling - I was honestly really scared, but once the mask was on and I was in the water - those sea turtles calmed my nerves!

It went by too fast.... our honeymoon was the perfect icing on top of the wedding cake - the best week of our lives! And here we are 4 months later and the fun hasn't stopped - I love my BJ.... I love being married to him (even though I sometimes still pinch myself because I can't believe it) and I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for us.... the only thing that is certain is that regardless of what it is, we'll be on that road together!!

Comments

Lynn said…
LOVE seeing the pics and narratives from your honeymoon. Everytime I think of y'all or see a pic, I thank our GOD all over again. You have all my prayers and Blessings and well wishes for your beautiful life together! aunt lynnie
Mindy Rives said…
Love this post....good job! Thanks for finally updating your blog. But, you didn't mention anything about that gross rash you got....
Anonymous said…
We finally get to see some pics. Love them and you too. mom
Anonymous said…
Bj looks like a backstreet boy in the last picture.

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020