...a long time coming

So, we feel like our "About Us" really does not shed much light on the beauty of how we became the future Mr. and Mrs. Rector... so let's us share some of our story. We find it quite humorous, at least I do, to know that basically we have been ignoring some pretty obvious signs over the years....





Sit back and enjoy the story of these two crazy kids....

You see, we should have met years ago. We are both Aggies, which doesn't necessarily mean anything seeing as the campus has over 40,000 people. But, somehow in the midst of the crowds, and regardless of supposed graduation dates (BJ took about twice as long as he should), our friend circles awkwardly collided. I only knew of BJ as the random guy who hung out with our friends… specifically, I totally remember a day at the lake when BJ totally called me out for something I said. All I could wonder is “Who does this guy think he is??”

A few years later… Karen was a bridesmaid, BJ an usher, in one of our best friend’s wedding, Josh and Mindy Rives. We both gave toasts, for crying out loud, and yet… still nothing. If you look in the next few pictures, it is proof that we were just steps away from each other for an entire weekend!








BJ and Josh looking good for Mindy and Karen...only Karen didn't notice BJ, and he didn't care!












The bridesmaids around beautiul Mindy!












And yes, the entire wedding party. BJ is on the far left, Karen middle right! We could have made eyes at each other...ohh lala....





After I graduated A&M I headed to the Kanakuk Institute and found immediate companionship in Paige Stephens, now Jenson. Well, wouldn’t you know it… all year long I would hear about this guy named BJ, one of Paige’s dearest friends… go figure. And come that summer, we traded places. I was leaving Branson and he was on his way... Paige introduced us at a picnic, and we talked for a while, shared a banana, but still, no dice. C'mon I am a fun girl, he's a hot guy... but apparently we are both really forgettable!


From there, I moved to Highland Park Presbyterian Church in August 2005, and you just won’t believe who joins the team in December 2006…that’s right, BJ!

There was no escaping the inevitable now—and well, the rest is history… it took BJ all of a month to realize that I was his dream girl… so our friendship began, our love grew, and well... two are about to become one! Good thing God knew the whole time that we were meant for each other--but He also waited until we were ready for each other. We have way more to learn, but now, it's going to be a team effort. I love you BJ!











The night I became the future Mrs. William Rector--Josh and Mindy were there to celebrate!









Bret and Paige Jenson, Karen and BJ in Mexico this summer!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Karen...this blog is great and you are hilarious. I am so glad your mom told me about it. AND..Charles and I are so excited about dancing along side you & BJ for your first dance...eyes shut tight and everything!! I love it.
Keep in touch!
Bianca
Mindy Rives said…
You fixed it!!! Looks great! Love you Karen!!
Anonymous said…
How wonderful to be able to read your love story!
You can be sure I'll be checking this blog daily at least once a day. We're delighted for you both and think you're a perfect match.
Love to you both, Chuck & Roxanne
Anonymous said…
Karen! This story is just TOO fun. I love it! Congratulations to you both!
Lynn said…
ahhhh, destiny. GOD is SO GOOD as always!!!! i am so honking happy for y'all, i can't hardly stand it!
i love you both and i have proudly shared your love story with friends and strangers highlighting the goodness of our GOD and how HIS best for each one of us is worth waiting for!
AMEN!

Popular posts from this blog

Cheerleading Tryouts

The Sister of Honor...

Crowdsourced Group Gift Guide 2020